Seeing "living food" on my plate or seeing sashimi being made from a living fish and the like really grosses me out.

Anyone on here like it and/or eat it?

Seeing living fish still sucking for air & lobeters screaming does it for me.

But I am on a diet of sashimi at least 4 times a week.

The first time that I ate sashimi was off a boat we chartered around the islands of Sumatera, Indonesia. it was a big 12kg silver wahoo and we ate it 15 mins later. I love it fresh so I guess seeing it still gaping for air proves the freshness of it for me.

Like kurt said "fish have no feelings!"

Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
Like kurt said "fish have no feelings!"
I have heard this before and I think the general belief was that fish do not feel long term pain.

However a new study (and i am not a biologist) from the UK has proven that fish feel pain. More research is obviously needed.

Okay I need to confess some bad thoughts that I had. This has been etaing away at me for some days now and I can no longer take the pressure. I must admit my sins.

I went snorkeling for the first time in my life on a coral reef in the Red Sea about a week ago. It was beautiful and I was amazed at the amount of oncredible coloured fish, but all I could think about when I saw them was "I wonder what that fish would look like when cooked?" or "Wow that fish looks really tasty I wonder if it really is?"

In this peaceful and pristine place all i could think were murderous thoughts. Please forgive me.

I went snorkeling in Okinawa and saw lots of beautiful fish. Then when we went to the izak in the evening, we ate some of the same kinds of fish. They weren't very nice - tough and flavourless. Nice colours though.

I like my food to be knocked on the head before I eat it. Seeing the fish twitching in obvious pain does not make it taste any more fresh.

hey mogski!

where where you in the red sea?? Dahab?? sharm-al-sheik...

red sea is easily one of the greatest dive spots in the world...

did a dive off dahab, at the end of the day went to a small little restaurant on the beach...the menu had the standard condiments + fish of the day...we ordered the fish, and some 2hrs later they brough this huge fish that fed 5 hungry people...problem something I saw earlier! it was delicious!!

danz

I went to a private beach just out of Jeddah so I don't think it was a major dive spot, although there were people diving there. Wish I could give you more info, but I am extremely green around the ears when it comes to matters of the ocean.