we got one at golden week and hubbie was on it every day for at least an hour (up to 3 on weekends). Anyway, after about 3 weeks he was at work and he suddenly couldnt move. He ended up having to go to the hospital right there and then. Now he's cut it down to the recommended 30 mins a day. He wont live it down completely though.....massage-sugi

I've heard about the dangers of massage chairs. What is it about them that actually does you harm?

To me they feel like being poked in the back with a stick, and I'm always slightly afraid that they'll actively try to strangle a kidney...

I was worried about it looking horrible and that was why I refused to let him get one for ages but we got a black leather one and it just looks like a very comfortable office chair. I dont use it every night like he does but its really nice after a bath and better for me than a G&T.

The times I've used one I've thought it felt like someone trying to poke me in the back as well. Perhaps the setting wasn't the best.

• 2 weeks later...
 Quote:
The thrilling existence of V&K.
We really enjoy our life, bd.

And from what I remember from your posts, you don't seem to enjoy Japan that much with hardly a good word and many complaints, however good your job might be. That's a pity.
 Quote:
Originally posted by viv&kev:
 Quote:
The thrilling existence of V&K.
We really enjoy our life, bd.

And from what I remember from your posts, you don't seem to enjoy Japan that much with hardly a good word and many complaints, however good your job might be. That's a pity.
That is good that you enjoy your life (note singular, V&K are one). By the same token my pot plant enjoys the CO2 that your life generates.

As for enjoying Japan just because I have a good job: those two issues are not linked. How can a good job compensate for an un-enjoyable environment?

By the way, I deeply dislike my job as well. I only suffer these pains in the short term to satisfy my long term objective.
 Quote:
That is good that you enjoy your life (note singular, V&K are one). By the same token my pot plant enjoys the CO2 that your life generates.
So glad to hear that wakaranai.gif

Quote:
As for enjoying Japan just because I have a good job: those two issues are not linked. How can a good job compensate for an un-enjoyable environment?
I wasn't meaning to imply that they were completely linked. Of course, quite a lot of people who have good jobs have been known to actually enjoy the benefits of having that job.

Quote:
By the way, I deeply dislike my job as well. I only suffer these pains in the short term to satisfy my long term objective.
So sorry to hear that too.

Is it worth it?

kev

A pot plant can 'enjoy' CO2 ? I'm gonna have to be more careful of my rose bush and weeds, they'll be demanding mineral water soon! ;\)

db what is your long term objective? Early retirement....?

• 2 weeks later...

I actually fell asleep in one in a shop once. The shop assistant woke me up and politely asked me to move on - about 70 minutes after I first sat down on the thing! \:D