• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Wow! What an offer! I've never dated a Kiwi gal before! The closest I've come was with "aussie" Sunrise, and that was a smashing time!

So where is this date gonna be? NZ? HK? J-Land? or Never-never-land?

The SAR these days (appropriately named) is shivering in its pants, not from cold, but from the news of a fresh outbreak of SARS in our neighbouring province adjoining us to the motherland.

HSBC at HK$80 are you kidding? It will probably never go near those levels again. It's closed yesterday at HK$122.5 and I suggest buying on any weakness.

Let you in on a little secret, the Hong Kong Monetary Authorities are sitting on an absurdly high level of foreign currency reserves in its Exchange Fund. Right now it has enough reseves to buy back all the HK dollar legal tender in circulation 5 times over. What this means is that there is enormous pressure for revaluation of the HK dollar and though this is not likely to happen in the short term, it must happen sooner or later. In the meantime, foreign money continues to pour into Hong Kong, creating a lot of upward pressure on the equity markets here. This together with improving fundamentals and optimistic sentiment will make it hard for any brakes being applied to work effectively for long. This market is headed up up up!

• 3 months later...

I just met someone and I am so in love with her and I want to tell the whole world!!!

She is like a dream and so perfect - everything I ever wanted - beautiful (a smile that could melt a stone), sensual, romantic, intelligent (Waseda law degree!), cheerful, passionate, fashionable, artistic and, strangely, doesn't think she is the centre of universe!

It feels like we found each other!

I feel like a teenager now and want to live in this dream forever!!

Oh, Siren, even though you spoiled my hot date with Sweetaz, I am happy for you.... jealous too, but happy! Congrats and best wishes for a long term and meaningful relationship.

wait a minute - I just reread this whole thread and Markie you said a while back that you dated me.... You call a day's skiing together a date? And an onsen with your girlfriend? Hmmmm, would you call your skiing time in Arai with Enderzero a date too? ;\)

Siren, enjoy the bliss....!

Sorry, but I plead not guilty.

I am on record saying that "the closest I came" and let's not reading anything into the word "came" either. I never said I actually dated you.

Now as for my time with the zeroman, that was definitely a date!

Thanks Markie/Sunrise.

We had a great evening last night. Now I am restless(!) if she doesn't reply to my email within 20 minutes (even though I know she is busy)! \:D