• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me idealistic or romantic or whatever you want, but for me, if you're "in love" you know it and everyone else around you knows it too. There are no maybes. You are walking on a cloud all the time, you smile to yourself frequently for no apparent reason, you feel absolutely fantastic about yourself and the world in general, nothing gets you down,...etc. etc.

Just one great unbeatable feeling.

Markie....at times I agreen. But I don't think it works like that. >> So you're in love with your wife - forever walking around on a cloud and feeling absolutely fantastic all of the time, forever??

Hmmmm,.

Markie, when you get this feeling are you usually on a podium in the middle of the floor or lounging in the chill-out room doing A-N with complete stranger females.

Either way, do you pop another one just to get the feeling back.

Yes, mikazooki, you are right. But as for Indosnm, I am sorry to here that you consider that to be LUST. I consider lust specifically to be the action of deriving pleasure from having sex with someone. Only the most shallow individual will equate love with just sex. If just LUST makes you feel the way I described earlier, Indosnm, then that's fine by me. But if you are really "in love" with someone, it doesn't necessarily mean that you are having great sex with that person. To love someone is also not the same as being "in love" with that person. I am sure you love your wife and your children, which in my books means you are willing to sacrifice a lot to make them happy. But being "in love" with someone is much more than that, it is loving a person and having that person loving you back and existing in a state of blissful happiness and just being grateful to God for having found one another. I know many happily married couples who love each other but only a few who are really "in love" with each other. Being "in love" is a profound emotional feeling, but LUST is just a physical thrill.

Although, mikazooki is right, at least I can say I have been "in love" before and despite the very painful heartache when it was over I am very grateful for having the experience, leaving me with memories I can cherish forever.

Unfortunately, that has also kept me from marriage because my other relationships since then have never compared with that and I will not settle for anything less.

Thank you Markie for bringing some analysis to this otherwise boring thread!

I'd 'love' to be a fly on the ceiling watching you being in love. (I'd probably fall off the ceiling from laughing though. lol.gif )