Long haul flights - what do you do?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I am determined to lie back, chill out and at least try to enjoy it as much as possible. But flying for me is a big hassle and I just don't like it. I'm always very glad to get off the plane safe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hihi - found this thread. Not long to go before lots of us having to put up with the econclass torture. Anyone find any good ways to use time since last time?

cool.gif

Take a laptop and play civilization, that kills 12 hours...

Something I didn't do on my last flight home. I swear the seats are getting smaller! mad.gif

The personal tv/video games aren't bad, played patience for about six hours on the last flight home.

tryed to 'fly right' the past few years, lots of water and juice, no alcohol...

Bugger that, back to the bottles of wine last flight, much better!

You're absolutely right.

Three batteries???

I've yet to try it (on a plane, that is), as I induce scorn from my partner if I get my laptop out in public... she condemns the practice as pretentious.

Aha.

Anyone who is flying in business class or higher is of course banned from this thread as your comments are of no value here.

cool.gif

I go to the movies! This is when I get to see nearly every movie that I see in my movie-less life. One after the other staring at my little pop-out screen. I like long flights as there is nothing to bother me and no one can ask anything of me. It is as though the world is on hold. In between movies and during the boring parts of some movies (or all of Lost in Translation) I drift in and out of a dazed sleep. This is bliss and on a good flight can last for 20 hours! No complaints from me!

Sorry to say it, but due to the expansion of tissue and gases at altitude even in a pressurized cabin, on long-haul flights I spend most of my time farting or waiting for the next fart to work its way down.

Severe in-flight flatulence...I can't be the only one.

What about the rest of you?

\:\(

I have never been good at drinking on long flights like back to the states. Did it once and never felt worse in my life. A flight that is only a few hours with some beers is good fun when youre with your mates though.

For long flights I usually take a xanex and a soma and jam with some tunes while my body melts into my rock hard seat \:D Drink lots of water too.

xanex is usually given to people who are stressed/high anxiety etc but if taken by us "normal" people \:D you barely notice time pass by which is nice on 12 hour flights yeah? Soma's are muscle relaxers which ease the discomfort of sitting down in such a small and uncomfortable chairs for so long. Theyre also great after a long day's skiing/boarding while soakin in a rotenburo clap.gif

jammin (listenin) to music - do I really need to explain ;\)