The best sandwich you`ll ever eat

So here`s what you need - your favorite kind of bread - mine is the fat french baguette - you can cut in half and have two sandwiches - just think! you`ll also need some leaf lettuce a tomato, an avocado, age tofu - you know that puffy fried yellow tofu that doesn`t quite look like tofu. Japanese folks put it in udon or ramen sometimes, or they cut it up and put it in miso soup. you `ll also need yakiniku sauce - the spicier the better I say. salad dressing and onion are optional.

So you are making a sandwich.

1) slice the tomatoes and onions into 3 and 1 thin slices, respectively

2) slice up as much avocado as you think is reasonable

3) peel off some leaf lettuce and wash it

4) lightly toast your favorite bread

5) after the bread is toasted, put salad dressing, lettuce tomatoe and onion on one side of the bread (in that order), then put or spread (depending on how you like it) the avocado on the other side of the bread.

6) refry the age tofu in a pan. when it is nice and seared, but not blackened, mind you, pour some yakiniku sauce on it, and flip it a few times to really get that sauce in there.

7) put the sauzy agetofu on the avocado side of the sandwich

8) slap the sandwich together, cut it in half, and. . .

9) enjoy the best damn sandwich you never had ! !

I myself do this 2-3 times a week, and have fer a while - - good stuff, and healthy too.

\:D

u live in a dream world!!

careful cos one day it may all come crashing down.

my everyday sandwich and dream sandwich are kept a safe distance from each other. i know not to tempt fate by trying to squeeze too much pleasure out of life.

so i go grated cheese, slap on some lettuce half fat kyu-pi-(incidentally i dig the ad big time) and on your way.

for the idyllic moments however, fat home made multigrain bread, crunchy crust, soft like a cloud in the middle. some fancy lettuce with a name that'll impress any sheilas what happen across me with me sandwich at hand, a few semi-sundried tomatoes, some mild cheese that doesnt overwelm the other vegies, thinly sliced onion, and a maybe a bit of av. spot o' pepper, no salt or mayo. country town, no shoes, sunny day, strong iced coffee, cool sunglasses, fine birds strolling down the street eyeing up my sarnie. cheap country bakery up the street (with plastic hangy fly flaps plus a screen door for double insect protection) that sells awesome custard tarts. a beach just over the dunes. and distant thoughts of a tofu baguette that didnt quite make the cut :p

[warning: this sandwich is not for japan]

White Bread fresh out of the Bread Machine just long enough that it is not to hot to handle. Cut two thick slices. Slather loads of Peanut butter on one and as much as humanly possible crystalized honey on the other. Put faces together and eat always making sure to not squeeze to hard as to make a mess all over your pants. Now that is a good sandwich.

There are so many great combinations of sandwiches that you can make from all sorts of nutritious and delicious cheeses from around the world.

Perhaps we could have that new Cheese Forum setup on here to discuss the possibilities. So many topics to cover!

\:D

Barok's sandwich sounds like the Vegetarian Society sandwich for vegetarians who crave bacon. It used to recommend frying strips of tofu in soy sauce.

The fact that the Vegetarian Society society has seminars about bacon sandwiches says quite a bit, I think. Mind you, they probably wouldn't if Japanese bacon was all that was available.

If you're a vegetarian, I'd read the label of that yakiniku sauce carefully.

There's a sandwich bar not far from the Albert Docks in Liverpool that makes the best sandwiches ever. Amazing bread and pick your own fillings - and they give you real good portions too.

It is awesome and I usually go there a few times when I'm back home.

Any why are the Japanese so crap at sandwiches anyway - its not as if they're hard to make now is it? confused.gif

At 200 yen to the pound, start saving for those sarnies mate.

On my last trip, I was surprised at how much a lot of everyday things cost (yenwise) \:\( .

Marmite sandwiches were my staple diet until I was about 15! For those of you who are unfamiliar with Marmite, I bless you and hope one day that you to can experience it's wonderful taste.

Cheeseman, c'mon you gotta have a top ten cheese list or something ?

Buffalo Mozarella is good, along with Feta and Goats cheese!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mini report time then. Yes, I was a bit taken aback with the prices in the UK - the good sarny shop was still there, still good.... but 3.50 for a butty? eek.gif

Seriously, UK isn't cheap, sad to say.

I tried making a barok sandwich, although not having any yakiniku sauce to hand, I sliced the agedofu and put marmite inside.

In terms of deliciousness, the sandwich came a distant 5th or so behind cheese and ham, sausage and marmalade, straight butter and marmite, and several other contenders.

Quote:
Originally posted by Markie:
I discovered a new place called Quizno's in Canada. They serve incredible subs. Much better than Subway. They also have a great "chilli in a breadbowl".
i think we have a quiznos near us. not sure though...will have to check it out...

i miss vegemite.