So I was up on Fuji this weekend and skiing is not permitted for some stupid reason.

We brought our skis along for the south route however when we woke up at sunrise no snow was spotted. Litle did we know there was almost a continuous line just over a little ridge.

But anyways on the way back down we were glisading down a snow patch and some rangers waiting below it told us we were not permitted to be off the trail. I tried arguing with them however they said its a park and skiing, glisading is not permitted. There were a few people going up the trail with skis and snowboards and I am certain they were turned around.

We did what any self-respecting gaijin would do and went around a corner and got back on the snow sliding to the bottom.

So anybody wanting to get some late turns in on Fuji should think twice about making the trip. This could only be for the south route however I would hate to make the trip to get turned around most of the way up the mountain.

I went up about two weeks ago, all the way to the top. the boarding we got wasnt the best but it was worth it just to say that ive done it. must have had only about a kilometer and a half run out max. there were about 50 other riders going up too, most of them skiers.

i had no problems with patrol/security and what not. the mountain was closed then. we just had to jump over a couple of barriers and then just hiked up no probs.

tell u what, it were a freezing wind at the top and i got sunburt to hell!!

• 2 weeks later...