Airlines - the good and the bad

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a free upgrade to first class on the Seattle-Atlanta leg of my flight to NYC. Damn those seats are nice.

I flew Delta for the first time. Wasn't too impressed, but theya re all the same in my mind anyway.

I am so sick of the stupid 10 minute information at the beginning of each flight. Yes I know how to buckle a seat belt. In the event of a water landing? ... WE WILL ALL DIE. How is a 10 ton metal object going to safely land on water??? and then just float there? Oh well, I feel safer.

in april this year whilst flying from Melbourne to singapore this russian guy decided to have a heart attack over alice springs. eek.gif lets turn the plane around and take him back to adelaide where we had to wait for almost an hour before someone could come and speak russian to him.back on track 5 and a half hours later, everyone missed their connections to wherever and qantas put us up in a hotel for the night. even better was that they then flew me to frankfurt and paid for my ICE train to cologne because mine was invalid.nice one qantas, nice one

Went to NY and back on Continental. The flight attendants were much friendlier than the bitter contemptuous hags on United i'm normally used to. My only complaint is that the movie selection wasn't as good as any of the United flights i've been on. United flights usually have 4 or 5 movies, discovery channel specials, and a comedy channel. My Continental flights just had two really crappy movies, a bunch of bad american sit-coms, larry king live, and some bad made for TV dramas.

My return flight was only half booked and I lucked out with three seats to myself, so I spent a large part of the flight laying down sleeping.... \:\)

Just flew with China airlines narita-Honolulu. Like an earlier poster I was scared sh#tless at there safety record but they were cheap, really cheap. After train stoppages on the way to Narita cause of heavy rain (stress) the china airlines head guy thought my girlfriend had a cool attitude with the staff (He said he liked her, hot sure how to take that) he bumped as up to Business class. I think he thought we were on a honeymoon or something. Flight was great, food good, heaps of drinks and O.K entertainment. They made nice strong screwdrivers and kept them coming!

• 3 weeks later...