Best/Favorite Songwriter of All Time ?!!?

That was funny. Better discription: Sendai based, Hawaiian businessman whom while away entertains himself with idiots like Mr. Mathews. I do enjoy your participation Matthews. But this thread is about songwriters you personally like. I was offended that you fealt the need to diss one of my choices. Music is very personal. What I like you may not. But that's OK. That is the beauty of music. So you can dissrespect everyone on this forum who voices their particular mucical likings but really who are you to say what music is good or bad?

I like Limp Bizkit for their entertainment value. Have you ever seen them in concert? It's fun. That's all. I see you put them down as a pathetic American group. Nobobdy listed them as brilliant song writers..this threads topic. So shut up. Your the one making trouble here.

Yeah but the point in a forum is discussion, I didn't simply disrespect anyones choices, I just stated my opinion of Eminem and the 'glamour culture' that hypes-up otherwise useless, musically inept morons with a passion for nothing except for being outrageous and hating their mother.

Look at the Sex Pistols, they were an unruly bunch, Sid Vicious couldn't play a note, but they made money. It was the image, not the music mad.gif .

So when you say Eminem is a in the Category of "Best Songwriter of All Time" I say, nay.

If you don't like what I'm saying throw some constructive reasoning behind your abuse, then we can get somewhere

I'm not usually a rap liker, quite the opposite. Hate the Eminem image and all the street crap that goes with it....

However, when I was forced to hear his stuff, I was pretty damn impressed. The kid has talent, truckloads of the stuff - 2 cents from a genuine rapophobe...

Matthews,

your missing the point. It's not your opininion being saught. Music is personal. What don't you get about that??????????????????" You got a thick skull don't you. Quck to opinionate slow to change, eh? Try jump on board this time around...save me the energy of educating you., please.

miteyak, I used to be a rap hater too, but having heard a lot by accident, I have to say that while Eminem has talent, there are other more humane rappers with stunning words and sometimes laugh out loud humour. You should check 'em out - there's some good stuff going on.

I'm glad to see Neil Young as favourite songwriter. Does anybody else find his song 'Pochontas' exceedingly amusing?

Matthew,

you say nay...???I don't care. But your not making my list of best song writers are you? And I'm not making yours. I don't care if you think Eminem, Tupac, or Bob Marley are fools. Get this...your opinion has not been solicited. I gave mine. now do a reverse on this thread and see who's being a punk. I just offered my fav's. No strings attached. May I offer my final advice to you : shut up. Go play with yourself if you've got nothing better to do. Bye bye matty...bye bye

Well it appears that a while back BOB DYLAN was convincingly voted #1 of all time by 7700+ respondents on a BBC poll.

Lennon #2, Marley the bronze.

Hey and Mr Matthews as much as you or I think Eminem is tosser, the guy came in the top ten, so he he obviously highly rated by a lot of people, so give the guy credit where credit is due.

The ironic thing about Dylan being voted #1 is the kaffufle involving accusations of plagiarism. Seems ole Bobby boy was getting some good lyrics out of a J-dudes book :rolleyes:

Ocean: I love "Pocahontas" and the image of sitting around the fire with Marlon Brando and Pocahontas always makes me smile \:D Growing up, the one thing that ALL of my friends agreed on was that we liked Neil Young. Seen him a bunch of times in concert and he always delivers the goods.

Kintaro: I really like Eminem too and I think props must be given to Dr. Dre also for the production. As far as more "humane rappers", I would think that De La Soul, Biz Markie and a host of others were able to write great songs without being misogynistic. Maybe that's what's meant by "humane rappers"? Don't get me wrong, I like the misogynistic stuff too if it's well written, produced, etc. I think some people who don't really listen to rap assume that it's all about guns, hos, and da bling bling. There are some groups like The Roots that write their own songs, play their own instruments.

I wish I were a trapperrr

I'd give a thousand pelts

To sleep with Pochohontas

And find out she felt...

Humane rappers;

Cee-lo Green

J Rawls

Ja Rule (yeah, I think so. Great voice too.)

Slick Rick

etc.

They can all be 'nasty' sometimes, but they also have positive messages a lot of the time too. And they can make you smile, which can't hurt.

Goemon,

you're right about the Dr. Dre props. Eminem owes his success to him. He is THE premier rap producer. I'm not big into Puff Daddy. The humane rappers do exist...although I admit that term is new to me. Maybe LL falls into this catagory?? Where are the Beasties?

PE isn't active anymore but what do you think of them? Chuck D's doing his thing but the group as far as I know is split up. Anyway, there are a lot of possitive acts out there. It's easear to criticize than give props, eh Matthews?