What should happen to this kid? the one who abducted a 4 year old, strirpped him naked and hurled him to his death of a building roof.

His age it seems has saved him as in Japan those under 14 cant be charged with a crime.

Should he be charged? As a 12 year old was he aware of the ramifications of his actions and aware of right and wrong?

It has overtones to the Bulger murder in Britain and the two young boys who committed the acts.

Personally I think he should be held in a secure facility then transferred to a adult prison when he comes of age and serve the remainder of a murder sentence. If you or I did the same thing as this boy we would be almost guaranteed of life. A 12 year old should know better and should be held accountable.

If he avoids sentence and gets out into society in a few years after some juvenile rehabilitation, then I fear he is marked man and will be the victim of severe retribution.

Remember the Kobe kid who lured a youngster into the woods or somewhere and then decapitated him and left his head in front of the school? Can't remember the details but I remember the first profile they sent out while they were looking for the killer was that he was a male in his 30s. Turned out the killer was 12! (I think). He used to kill animals in his neighbourhood for fun and it grew from there.

Yes, and he's due for release this year.

The serial killer usually starts experimenting on animals. There were many reports in the area of Kagoshima where this kid lives of pets found mutilated. It's a very bad sign to have that in your neighbourhood.

Crime seems to be low here but when it happens its pretty disgusting and more warped than your average "murder" such as the head incident. & why all these kids? whats going on?

Kamo, I don't reckon there really is an answer on how society deals with this kind of crime committed by young kids. Its nothing short of tragic, but ultimately there has to be some sort of leniency for children. That's not to say they should be absolved of all responsibility, but a 12 yr old can never rightly be held accountable to the same degree as an adult. At the risk of being a little dramatic, the full weight of society's anger and vengence shouldn't ever be directed against a child and even against adults it should only be applied in the most serious of cases.

In Japan, when school kid commit a crime, always principal of their school apologize.

Is it their fault? I can't understand it.

And always the criminal is a boy. Why??

confused.gif

Is it more difficult to raise boys than girls?

The first thing that should happen is that the kid loses his anonymity. It's disgraceful that the victim's family is subjected to scrutiny while the perpetrator and their family can hide with the full protection of the law. I suspect that these considerations may even result in slower investigations before the arrest is made.

As a means of prevention, more effort should be made to warn people of the danger when the first signs a serial killer leaves in an area are discovered. In Nagasaki, several other male children had been abducted and found wandering around naked. Also there was evidence the kid had mistreated animals, the first place that most serial killers start. There's nearly always a steady progression of experimentation before the first killing. People need to be made more aware of the dangers.

Normally when you're trying to catch a dangerous criminal and you think you might know what they look like, you publish information about what they look like and so on, so that people can identify them. However, if the police believe a suspect may be underage, then perhaps they will try to protect the identity before they've actually been caught.

I don't actually know if this kind of skewed prioritizing actually obtains in practice, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it did. Presumably in the Kobe and Nagasaki cases, the surviving victims will have been able to give even vague information about their attackers. They must have known their attackers were oniisans and not ojisans. As far as I know, in the Kobe case this was publicised after the attacks started getting murderous, although not so in the Nagasaki case.