We've had some hot days this month, but there's been quite a few unusually cool days too. That kind of cool is usually more June weather. I wonder if this year is going to be another year the rice crop fails? When it's this cool so far into July it's hard to imagine the fierce summer heat. At the same time it's hard to imagine there not being the fierce summer heat (and steambath). I'm expecting it will get hot but if for some reason it doesn't I won't be surprised either.

That was a wild year the year the rice crop failed. I remember hearing how people were appalled at the idea of having to eat Thai rice, not that this was the only rice imported.

I doubt they'll import good quality rice. I don't remember the stuff they brought in last time being particularly good.

Best bring it in yourself whenever you go somewhere.

For those who weren't here, the rice crop failed a few years back when we had an unusual cool summer. When it's this cool it makes me wonder, though I'm sure when the rainy season officially ends it's gonna to be scorching hot. I think that year the rainy season never really officially ended. It just seemed to linger with cooler overcast days (don't think there was that much rain though).

Any word on the rainy season being over in southern Japan yet?

id be happy to eat the thai rice. im not the biggest fan of japanese rice but i'll be more than happy to hear the rainy season has finished when i get back on saturday.

its been a glorious euro summer hasnt it "BagofCrisps" cool.gif

Dunno about Sheffield itself, but there's some great countryside to explore around there, and some splendid beers to be drunk in little pubs here and there. If only I had known about mountainboards when I was up that way...

You'll probably have to put up with a lot of bullshit from Northerners about how friendly they are. As a cold, reserved Southerner, I found it hard not hit the locals in Manchester when they persistently told me how friendly they were trying to be. ;\)