The only file I have small enough for a floppy is my timesheet...

Have a little usb floppy drive for my G4 just to update my timesheet for personnel, annoying how behind some departments are!

Floppys are too small, too slow, and a real throwback to an era we all wish we could forget \:D

It would be good to have a national 'Death to Floppy' day. Everyone moves all of their floppy data to somewhere else, anywhere else, then recycles them into wellington boots.

Them still being around is a right pain sometimes, well, pretty much anytime they magically appear and someone expects you to get the data off it...

I had literally hundreds of floppy disks from when I was a teacher. I just threw them all away the other day. If I'd known you would make them into wellington boots, I'd have sent them to you (by 'chakubarai').

(I used to have to teach Japanese civil servants to use Macs, and they were given one floppy to keep their stuff on. In every class, there was always one student who unknowingly inserted the paper label straight into the drive, stuck by surface attraction to the bottom of the disk. \:o This was generally less amusing than the woman who tried to drag the mouse over the screen to make the cursor move...)

Floppies are dead! and good riddance, I read an article that said floppy drives are being phased out and the new standard is USB memory sticks, far more convenient and useful

Are you talking about the 3 1/2 inch or those bigger older ones that are actually floppy.

The 3 1/2 have there place I think. they are good for word files, virtually indestructable and make good coasters when your in need.

come on now. You can save a couple jpegs on them and when you get upset can use it as a throwing star pick it up and it still works. Not like a CD where you have to protect them like its your first born.

The true beauty of viruses is that they teach you that your valuable data is just a millstone around your neck. I recommend you throw away your floppies without a second thought for the data on them.

Last year I counted all my old floppy discs - I had nearly 600 of them! They are all now in floppy disc heaven with the info on a couple of CDs.