Kamoshika...i think you may have confused the history of the Mr Olympia to some extent. The IOC does not run or have any influence/control/interest in the Mr Olympia. The Mr Olympia is run by the IFBB (International Federation of Body Building), under the close guidance of the Weider family corporation (the Weider family owns the rights to the Mr Olympia "brand").

Therefore, whether or not the IOC had banned steroids is irrelevant. The only issue of relevancy is whether or not they were legal in the US at the time he was taking them. I don't know the answer to that question. However, i can assure you that steroids were only part of the cocktail.

As for whether or not he's political material. Tough one. The team leader need not be the technical expert but still....i'd say no.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With arnold as governer you'll have manditory statewide daily calisthenics hour.

Is Arnold political material? Yes. He's a "cocky and arrogant" entertainer, and a shrewd businessman with loads of republican buddies in high places.

Not the kind of guy who you'd want making decisions that are in the best interest of the majority...

have yall seen who arnie is up against for gov? larry flynt (hustler publisher) and gary coleman (whatchu talkin bout willis?) personally, if i lived in cali, i would probably swing for arianna huffington. she's said some pretty interesting stuff about SUVs . She also writes a column for salon.com .

Nekobi, you left out one of the other contenders:

Gallagher, the "comedian" who smashes things...

I read that Ariana's ex-husband Michael was also considering running. You can't tell the players without a line-up .

(Check out Trek Thunder Kelly who is running as an independent :rolleyes: )

• 2 weeks later...

Arnie seems to be playing towards the center right, he's made sure not to align himself with the social predjudice excesses of other Republicans. A conservative with a Democratic heart on social issues he may actually have success trying to be all things to all people. Whether he is sincere or not is a matter for debate.

Kamo that transvestite politician certainly deserves to be in office. I've read about her and she's a very switched on interesting person. Also her electorate is a pretty redneck sort of place so it seems many have chosen to overlook their predjudices and just select the best candidate for the job. Nick Tanzos is a legend mate-the first Rastafarian MP, and he is a very articulate advocate for the decriminilisation of dac. Winston Peters is an out and out racist, but he'd dance to any tune to keep himself in office.

Shock horror! Not!

------------

Arnold's 'Smoking Gun': Sex, Drugs and Booze

This may be a first for a gubernatorial candidate. The Web site thesmokinggun.com has dug up a 1977 interview with Arnold Schwarzenegger that should have tongues across California wagging all day.

The interview, conducted by Peter Manso for Oui magazine, which was a sort of literary version of Playboy in its day, contains quotes that Schwarzenegger will not want to hear or see ever again. He's probably forgotten that he even gave this interview; I just don’t know how he'll explain it to Maria Shriver or his children.

Arnold, then making the transition to acting with the documentary "Pumping Iron," frankly discusses his own promiscuity. He does so using such specifically graphic, misogynistic language that before he enters the governor’s mansion in Sacramento, he’ll have to have his mouth washed out with soap. The interview reveals a vulgar, low-class neophyte who seems to have no clue that one day his words could be used against him.

Schwarzenegger observes for Manso: "I get laid on purpose. I can’t sleep before competition and I’m up all night anyway, so instead of staring at the ceiling, I figure I might as well find somebody and [expletive]."

Schwarzenegger then describes for Manso a "gang bang" he participated in with other weight lifters at Gold’s Gym in Santa Monica, Calif. He recalls that the woman involved was black, and the men who participated were only the ones who could have sex in public.

Nice, huh?

Schwarzenegger also goes into a lengthy discussion of his personal size and whether it matters. I pretty much can’t quote anything from this section of the interview.

Schwarzenegger doesn't shy away from telling Manso about his substance abuse, either. He claims in the interview that he mixes whiskey in his protein drink -- and smokes both marijuana and hashish, "not hard drugs." This was not a mere passing fancy, but seemingly a regular habit.

"I get stoned. I do my own thing," Arnold boasts.

It should be interesting to see how the voters in California react to these quotes.

Their biggest referendum may be on whether a man’s character is formed in youth and becomes the template for his life and philosophy.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw Demolition Man the other night (Stallone, Wesley Snipes - crap timecop movie thing). But one thing was funny. 1 scene where Stallone finds out about the "Schwarzenegger Library" and it being explained to him that Arnie used to be the President, of course they had to change the rules of the land for that to happen. lol.gif

Just to clarify: it's untrue that Arnold can "never be president" of the US.

He CAN be.

Here's how:

Arnold gets elected as vice-president of the US (no requirement of native-born US citizenship for this job).

Next, the president becomes incapacitated (gets too sick, dies, resigns, etc.).

Arnold is now president of the US.

See how it works? Only native-born US citizens can be elected as President. But a vice-president having US citizenship can become president without being elected as such...regardless of birth nationality.

Now, who would be Arnold's presidential running mate?

It has to be either Jaimie Lee Curtis from True Lies, Stallone (the Judge Dredd one), or Danny DeVito from that twins movie he did with Arnold.

\:D

karnage, you may be right. I was just trying to stir up trouble.

Actually, only natural-born US citizens can be President or Vice-President.

However, a non-natural US citizen could be Speaker of the House, which position is (I think) 3rd in line for the Presidency. Remember Al Haig on the day Reagan was shot? "I'm in charge here!"

So if Arnold is elected Speaker of the House, and then the Pres. and VP both quit or are incapacitated, then Arnold could be President.

Sounds like a great movie plot for the next Schwarzenegger flick.

What a country!

And there are always (even now) bills on the floor to change the requirement about being a natural-born US citizen (Article II of the US Constitution)...for example some propose that after 20 or 35 years of US citizenship, even "foreigners" can be President or Vice-President.

\:\)

• 2 weeks later...

If he has actually won, and he hasn't yet, that will mean that Californians have voted themselves another George W Bush type character with some of the 'social' skills of Bill Clinton. Oh, and they've voted to say goodbye forever to the $9 billion that Enron 'allegedly' robbed them of, because Arnold is apparently aware of all of that and has no problem with it.