Whooohhoooo! clap.gif

Had to share my fantastic news!!!

New seasons pass just arrived in the mail today!!! Whakapapa and Turoa here i come!

scooodeee laa da da da ba ba ba wwwweeeeeeee!

(singin scat just for the helluvit and outta sheer happiness!)

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

That is happiness

But in order to be truly happy you have to post current powder picks to get us through the swealtering heat.

I want face shots, rouster tails and any other powder related pictures.

Mt Hutt is patchy, my folks live its shadow and they said most of the early snow has gone, the base is disappearing in Indian summer conditions. (19degrees the other day)

They were aiming to open Monday, but I bet if they do it will suck, one rocky slope down "Broadway" and that would be about it.

I heard Coronet had dust on rocks. Could be a late start.

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
That is happiness

But in order to be truly happy you have to post current powder picks to get us through the swealtering heat.

I want face shots, rouster tails and any other powder related pictures.
ask and ye shall receive....

turoa1-tn.jpg
Turoa on the 7th June.

Turoa opens 18th and Whakapapa opens on the 25th of June. They are predicting a massive season. Heaps of snow already on the mountain...whooo hoo!
Apparently we need a few more good snowfalls before the upper mountain will open....but it is all on schedule for opening day. clap.gif clap.gif
  • 2 months later...

This season has been the best I've had in NZ.

Plenty of snow...and altho Mt Ruapehu typically produces 2 days excellent(usually mon & tues), 5 days crap weather....this season all the great weather has been on the weekends! Every time I've been up it's been pristine!!!!

Will be up very soon so I'll post some pics for ya sweaty folk!

also heading down to Wanaka - Cadrona in the south island in mid Oct. Yay! Now that will b worth a few photos.

clap.gif