I think it has been a pretty mixed bag throughout the years - some weeks you get a great episode, some weeks its mediocre.

Recently they have been coming up with just crazy ideas, because the Simpson family has done everything. I like those episodes when they abandon all grip on reality.

If you go back and watch the first few seasons, they have their funny moments, but they're really tame, and have sappy-ass endings. It seems like the producers loosen the reigns on the writers every year, because they keep pushing it. They've been doing totally bizarre stuff (not "mainstream" comedy), and they've gotten quite political lately to boot.

The Simpsons are like any good show. They age well with time. The first few seasons were kind of strange. They were funny at the time but watching then now is painful. They are really good now. Just like Star Treck Next Generation. The first few years of that the shows were horrible. Friends, Seinfeld, Fraser are all the same. Every season the bounderies get pushed a little further and the characters become more developed.

Aussie simps fans...

The season 3 on wards will be released on dvd box set as soon as channel 10 is done with the re-runs...

i spoke to somone who worked for a tv company and you will notice there isnt re-runs of 1 and 2 cause they are already released and the rest will come when 10s done with wearing them out....!?

made sense to me i dont know if its 100% correct but fingeres crossed its soon!

CAIO

Sorry I should`t have included friends in my post a few back. They have gone way downhill and every season I wonder how much further they can drag it out.

But you have to give them credit though. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: They did bring an African American into the series to show that even these white people can have non-white friends.