Quote:
Originally posted by barok:
It`s not that hot - I mean has it even hit 30 C recently ?
I dont know about Niigata, but I imagine, higher up(lat), sea breezes from the cooler sea of Japan would keep things cooler.
Coz it is stinking hot in Nara, The Kyoto Nara basin area is considered the hottest part of Honshu in summer, surrounded by hills and mountains and stacks of evaporating rice paddies to crank up the humidity.
Its getting decidedly warm in these parts, I mean instant sweat the moment you start walking to the station " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" /> (thats not crying thats sweat).

My god 35C in the UK!!??

It's the humidity here that really makes things worse, the only way to describe it is to compare it to a hot sauna, all day. It zapped my energy at Summersonic so bad I was dying at around 4ish (the Beeru didn't help).

In a big city like Osaka, there's a Heat Island effect to, the air-con motors, cars etc etc coupled with the Tarmac bounces the heat right back and adds a few degrees on...... \:\(

I've started waking early in the morning cos of it (like i did when I first arrived) with a layer of sweat about my person!

The whole of Europe is sizzling this summer. Here in London it's been near on mid-30s all week, very very hot. Very not UK-like. Of course, everyone is complaining about the heat now. lol.gif