My office just turned on the AC. They said they turn it on when it gets to be 28 degrees C inside the office. As soon as it gets pleasent though they turn it off until it goes above 28 again. Silly Silly Silly.

I was thinking same when I heard hot summer in the UK this year. The summer in London was very bad when I was there. No AC in the train or restaurant.

Almost all offices, shops, trains, cars, houses have AC in Tokyo. Some said that's why Tokyo is so hot. If you go to countryside, you can find some old style houses and they don't have AC. It's like my grandma's house. But old houses have a lot of wisdoms for hot summer, so quite comfortable without AC.

The people in the UK should start learning iced tea or cold food!

ILiveToSki, did you move to Takayama?

Ahhhhh, wouldn't that be wonderful... AC in the office...

Unfortunately for me, my school has no AC at all - hold on, the new computer suite has AC, but the teachers slowly bake in the staffroom all day long wakaranai.gif

... I just daydream about skiing in winter and the lines I'm gonna ski!!!!! \:D

germany is the same as the rest of europe. no AC on the train, trams, in buildings..it sucked this summer when you had to be inside.

outside was a different thing. people getting their kits off left, right and centre.

I have 3 air cons in my house-try not to use them all the time. I wouldn't work in an office without air cons-screw that for a joke when it's pushing 35 and humid. The annoying thing about aircons is that they are overused by people to create a fridge temp inside while it's stinking outside. That's why so many people have colds here in the summmer.

... Hey... Germany is absolutely hot too.

yesterday was 39 degrees and now... I think similar to that....

In some part in Cologne, constructing company is working to make Rhein river deeper to make sure all ship can go and will not stack!

I thought Summer in Japan is seriously sh*t but actually, here is %&&'%$&q'#%$&('#!!

I REALLY MISS AIRCONDITIONING!!