Sometimes Sydney makes me Puke

In my life away from home I do not keep up with what is on the TV back in Oz. When I left, Australia was gripped by crap reality TV shows about buying property, renovating property or doing both. This was driven by how in vogue buying property is in Australia and also by spiralling prices. Now I learn of some show called The Block in which a TV station gathered a bunch of oh-so-sexy Bondi types* and put them in a block of apartments and the rest is vomit.

Japan aint so bad sometimes.

Check out the Competing Couples

I am a firm believer in sheer stupidity emerging on the verge of a market crash. This is one of those indicators.

[* side note: I have a long history of being an oh-not-so-sexy semi-Bondi-Type, but I can still scoff at this garbage]

db's im hooked, reality tv... what can i say...

the block the final show is on on sunday i'll keep you posted on who wins but.... but.... if they do this series again i will refuse to watch it if there isnt a brown haired girl on there... they are a bunch on la-dee-dar blondes and it is sooo lame... not the mention im soo sick to death of seeing the gay boys in their discusing y fronts or with nothin but an apron on... its AWFUL!

Reminds me of the horrible evolution of MTV's the Real Life. Many years ago when they first ran the series it featured a bunch of ordinary people living together in San Francisco and it was surprisingly entertaining. Anyone remember it?

Now they have a bunch of bimbos/himbos without a brain cell between them living in Las Vegas, doing little more than getting their shirts/skirts off as much as possible. I watched one episode and swore i'd never again.

Reality TV could be good....if they'd just try using "real" people from time to time!

I remeber somthing similar, it was called Triple M's House from Hell.

they got like 12 contestants to live together but week after week theyd do somthing to them for instance, there was a week they were all chained together, there was a week with no cutlerly there was a week with no furniature (sp!) umm... there was a week that they were confined to one room etc. anyways so that was just outragous! it started it all - it was to do with a radio station (MMM) so u rang in to evict or to vote for ppl i think, anyways....

thats my little reatily story.

I like "Blackmail" too; I also miss the original "The Stinger"(?) that London Hearts did. It was basically the same concept except they tried to trap the girlfriend. A "handsome" guy (The Stinger) would pick up the targetted girlfriend, get her to go for drinks/dinner with him and eventually try to get her to come back to his apartment. The boyfriend and London Hearts would be waiting at the apartment, watching the whole proceedings via secret cam. There was always that moment of dread as the boyfriend waited to see if The Stinger would walk through the apartment door accompanied by the girlfriend.

I also catch "Ai nori" sometimes; it's the reality show of a group of Japanese mid-twenty types travelling around the world in the "love wagon". The only way to fly back to Japan is to convince someone of the opposite sex to go with you. The equates to tearful rejection scenes galore: "...gomen...(sniff!)...ikenai...". " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

Yea, i've seen ai nori too. That show's not bad at all... Maybe a little sappy, and too much crying, but still pretty good.

I saw an episode of Blackmail where this girl sets up her boyfriend by ketai mailing him messages from a separate email address, posing as an old high school classmate, to arrange a date. The unsuspecting guy goes to some restaurant for the date, and eventually starts talking about going to a hotel.... so the ex-classmate girl goes to the bathroom, and the girlfriend comes back to the table dressed in the exact same outfit... the guy's reaction was priceless. Makes you cringe quite a bit to see someone continuously shoot themself in the foot, but funny stuff.

I think I saw that episode, MrSparkle. It was hilarious! For a moment, the guy did not have the foggiest idea what was happening. I wonder how much "yarase" goes on in shows like the "Blackmail".

I was also a fan of "Ai nori". I always thought about auditioning for the show. Think about it ... you get to go on holiday for free and you might pick up on the way! The show reaks of "yarase" as well but it is on the whole, pretty decent "yarase".

Nice people!

Temptation Island, anyone seen that?

I saw a few episodes, basically it's and bunch of male/ female models at two separate exotic holiday resorts, they then get a set of idiotic couples (who don't seem to understand why they are doing it) to spend a week in the opposite sex resorts.

I mean some of the guys and girls who exist to tempt one half of the couple where really beautiful/ handsome, and these people get upset if there fiancé starts playing around!!!????

duh? wakaranai.gif

It was quite humorous to watch them blabber away as their boyfriend had just jumped out of the female dominated pool with nothing but a smile on his chops, or a girlfriend who disappeared with two male models….into her bedroom.

Idiots, but I spare most of this rant, and my wrath for the reality TV shows like “Pop stars” or “Fame Academy” (both UK)

The advert reads: “Semi talented moron wanted for admiration of moronic public. Must be generally dull, uncomplicated and willing to make fool of oneself on national television. Anyone over 25 not wanted. Anyone slightly overweight not wanted. Anyone ugly or just plain not wanted…etc.”

Think there is one called American Idol too.....

Temptation Island is terrible show. That has to be one ofthe worst of the reality TV shows i reckon.

Although OU is spot on with Australian as well. Aweful stuff. One good thing about though - it's almost finished. YAH!!!!! They made it a short series it seems. No complaints here.

Looks like there's no end to the reality crap in America... They just started a new all-reality tv network: Reality Central

I was home a few weeks back, and had a chance to catch a few of these gems of contemporary entertainment... I saw commercials for a spinoff of "who wants to marry a millionare," entitled Who wants to marry my Dad . :rolleyes:

There's also a show called Queer Eye for the Straight Guy which is a show where a group of gay dude's remake a straight guy and fix up his house/apt, I caught one show and it was admittedly pretty funny/entertaining.

Bravo tv network seems to be paving the way with Gay themed reality shows, but Boy meets Boy is way over the top.... A gay dating show where some of the contestants are straight dudes thrown in there to mix things up.... haven't seen that one.... but wtf!

The only "reality" shows (and I hate to admit even that) that I'll watch are the Mtv ones. I still find some enjoyment in Real World/Road Rules etc. But I caught the season finale of The Osbournes, and they basically admitted that the whole show has been scripted, at least towards the end. Anyone know the full story there?

just to name a few on in canada at the moment (probably exactly the same as in the USA)

"the restaurant" is by the same guy that did survivor i think...they get a group of cooks and waiters and open a restaurant in manhatten and the head guy can fire the waiters and stuff.

"cupid" is by the same guy (simon cowell) who was the sarcastic brit judge in american idol. its stupidity is pretty funny.

There is a similar one to "Restuarant" that has just started over here. It's called "Jaimes Kitchen" i think. I watched about the first 15 mins and tuned out after that. Total crap as well.

I hate to admit but i am hooked on Survivor. I don't know why it appeals to me, but it just does. It's about the only reality tv show that does mind you.

on the latest add for the jamies kitche fianlly hes standing there going...

"i spent 1.2 million pounds on this.... and now i have a problem bigger than king kongs scrotum! (sp!)"

COME ON! u gamble 1.2 mill on a bunch of no hopers then u deserve to be in king kongs insane asylum!

lol.gif