46 in Gundagai, country NSW australia. Bushfires all around and driving with the parents in the old kingswood (aussie car) with vinyl seats and no aircon up to sydney. Hot!

Mum had to use a spatula to peel us kids off the car seat. Lemonade at the pub never tasted so good

I just came from the southwest...new mexico...

had a layover in phoenix... temp. hit 115 (F)... but it is very dry...you dont sweat just standing there like in tokyo

danz

mmm.... mine would be up there in the late 30's i remember being in primary school and it the temp got above i think it was 35 or 40 we got to go home. well it didnt happen they didnt let us but we protested!! it was stinkin hot!

but on the news thats nuthin! i hear it got up to 50degrees C in iraq! now thats NUTS!

Actually SFG it can and does quiet often get above 50 in some parts of Oz! When visiting my sister in the middle of a heat wave ( adelaide was 43-45 degrees) temp was reaching up to 52 degrees. that was at Quorn 30kms up from Pt. Augusta. if there ever was a time to cook the eggs on the bonnet of the car that was it!

But I reckon Japans Humid city weather is more torture!

I remember being at primary school at the temp hit 42 so we all got sent home. Cheering.

Also been in small town just outside of Bathurst when it was 40 something. Very dry though so not too bad. You could heaps of washing because everything dried in like 20-30 mins. Even jeans.

The worst was when i lived in HK, hot and humid. It's humidity that is the killer.

Last week was seriously hot here in the UK.

Sat here now in an internet cafe in central Bristol - still lovely weather.

Hope you are all well! See ya soon wave.gif

Yeah the SW of America has been pretty consistently hot this summer. I can imagine 110 F degree heat (43ish C) but not for 60 days in a row! The hottest I remember was 120 F (49 C) river rafting in Bend, Oregon last summer. Whenever it got a little too hot we'd just jump in for a nice cool dip. Ahhh, better than being stuck in a car.