Bills. We all hate them. But I'm interested to know how mine compare to others. Everyone about the same?

Here's mine:

Electric - about 6500 yen / month

Gas - about 7000 yen / month

Water - about 9000 yen / month total

I seldom pay much attention to the size, I just pay them (what choice do we have?). However your numbers sound roughly on par with mine. Then there is phone, ADSL etc.

Utilities are quite expensive in this country.

It all sounds pretty pricey to me...

In Isawa Town (Iwate Pref) the following is average for summer...

water - 1207 (flat rate, but strangely goes up sometimes... 2 or 3 times in the last year)

gas - less than 4000

electricity - less than 3000

car park - extra 1500 on top of rent

rent (teacher's housing) - 13500

gas and power go up a bit in winter... by about 2000

yay for the inaka clap.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by guzzlers-baps:
:rolleyes: Are you sure about that water one..... eek.gif
sorry, after checking with the wife I found out thats its around 3000Y every second month. I live just outside Nagoya city, tax, health insurance and water is pretty cheap here. Some frinds pay huge water bills. depends on the city where you are living

Gas is more expensive here coz we have to use LPG. There is no "city gas" supply. You have to buy a different hob if you move from the city.

Our water bill is really cheap, but we have to pay separate to get our septic tank emptied. I use a stream behind the house for watering the garden.

You don't need a parking space to register a car.

If you're using Word, you can use the Insert menu (4th from left) and select the first option Symbols and Special Characters (or whatever it is in English), select your font, and then find your yen sign. Then you can copy it to whatever other program you need it in.

by jingos, it'd be easier using the kanji...

i accidentally concocted one in a reply to a japanese email (y'know in courier font like) but buggered if it can make it happen again. it appeared between a comma and a fullstop i had tried to erase. sneaky little bugger that one.

:rolleyes: hmmm eek.gif

No cheese bill for me, but my electricity always hovers around 5000 yen, no matter what I seem to use.

Water for me comes in around 7500 for both.

Gas about 6000

The way all the packs and everything on SkyP are set up is just SO confusing. You really have to route around to get the best price on what you want, when I first joined for the first few months I was paying about 1000 yen more than I had to because of the packs I was on. It's definitely worth reading all the print everywhere to get the best deal - they don't hide them as such, its just difficult to get all the info together.