Anyone else an athletics fan? I am and I cant seem to find any coverage on the pathetic Japanese TV system. Does anyone know? is it on some obscure cable channel?

Its the one thing that really irks me about Japan is the crap TV, perpetually frustrating it is mad.gif

kamo: It's showing live on TBS ("Official IAAF Broadcaster for Japan") and also on BS-i. Tonight's coverage starts from 23:30. Here's the schedule for all of their sports programs (in Japanese).

How about that sprinter laying down after he got DQ'd for a flase start in the 100m? eek.gif

They've been giving it a good build-up, but it has mainly focused on the actor Oda Yuji who will be offering somewhat less than expert comments. Stuff like "Isn't that Russian pole vaulter pretty!"

You have been warned.

I just read about one sprinter that refused to leave the track after getting disqualified for a false start. He lay on his back for quite some time, refusing to move. Drama in sport.

I also learnt that Australia has the worlds fastest man over 100m. I certainly didn't know that. I bet he wasn't born in Australia!!

I disagree woywoy. They used to have a similar rule in swimming and it became tedious watching them all fall in the water then having to wait till they climbed out just to do it all over again. They then introduced the false-start-and-your-out rule and things got a lot better. Given a little time, athletics will improve as well.

Thanks for the headsup! guess I always missed it in the channel surfing escapades :rolleyes:

Jon Drummond had absolutely every right to protest! he was shafted! he didnt move and he was DQed but faulty crappy equipment! that really sucks! sort it out IAAF you plonkers! madgo.gif