Maybe I'm thinking about it too hard, but....(Terminator logic)

I have not yet sorted out the philosophical problems posed by the first two Terminator movies. Someone help me out hey?

As you will probably remember, T1 saw a chap travelling back from the future to prevent Arnie from killing his mother before he was born. In T2, Arnie returns as a Mk II good robot saving the woman and child from Mk III evil robot sent back in time again to destroy mother and child. But what I don't understand is why the Mk III evil robot didn't travel a bit further back in time and help Arnie do his job in T1.

What would have happened, incidentally, if the Arnie robot, who seemed not to mind who he was shooting at, had accidentally killed the man who invented him before he invented him? Then he wouldn't have existed and wouldn't have been able to go back in time to kill the man who invented him, so the man who invented him would have invented him after all and nothing would have stopped Arnie going back in time to kill him before he did so.

I see us getting into an endless loop here. Worst of all, what if one of the robots travels back in time and stops Terminators 1 and 2 from being made. Would Terminator 3 them be Terminator 1? Is it possible, in fact, thatthe Terminator 1 which I saw was, in fact, Terminator 3 after the elimination of the first two? That would make the current Terminator 3 Terminator 5, and I seriously doubt that I'd be able to keep up with the plot having missed 2 vital parts.

Also, when Arnie says "I'll be back" in T1, is he announcing an intention, or did he stop off on his journey through time, taking a quick sneak look to ensure that he'd be back, before going on to complete his journey and make the announcement? It's a good line, but rather less impressive if he's cheated by checking that his prediction does in fact come true.

Why, in any case, do the chaps who are sending the Terminators back in time only ever seem to control one of them? Why don't they send an army of them back to different points in time separated by hourly intervals, so that each one can see what dangers the previous one is about to run into and warn him? You could have one Arnie warning another Arnie that he will be killed by a third Arnie if he doesn't watch his step. At the very least, it would confuse the heroine. It was bad enough for her when she couldn't tell whether one Arnie was good or bad. Having dozens of them all advising each other would drive her insane.

lol.gif

So if the last terminator had gone back and killed the first terminator and killed the terminator creator and subsequently none of terminators had been made, than James Cameron would have a lot less money and Arnold Schwarzenegger would be more concerned with pitching a sequel to Kindergarten Cop than in running for governor of California.

Kobet, if Arnie had just killed the bloke who was sent back (to protect Sarah Connor) with him in Terminator 1, when they were both in the future, he wouldn't have had to kill anyone else cos he was John Connors father.....

But then again if Rambo wasn't busy in Afganistan he and Predator could've joined forces, after Preadator had been given lessons in how to be good, and killed Terminator, abley assisted by Alien and Danny Devito ;\)

I'm not quite sure Rambo, Alien, Predator AND Danny Devito would all fit in Marty McFly's time machine Delorean though...

(now, if you were to substitute Alf for Danny Devito, you might convince me that it's scientifically feasible)