If you could be anyone for a day. . .

If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be ?

Now take that question and extend it into the past with Hindsight 20/20. If you could be anyone for a day, in history, who would you be and in what point in time/day of their life would you jump to ?

and why ?

\:D

myself the first day I skied powder.

why waist deep bluebird day almost no one sking the powder and all I could do was make a turn, flip over and end up stuck in the snow. That was the best day and I skied it badly. I want it back.

Adolf Hitler in his bunker on his last day. But instead of killing myself, I would read a tearful statement, as follows.

"What I have done could be construed as wrong. Certainly I have made unfortunate choices, a lot of people very dear to me were hurt, and I regret that. I think you'll agree that it could happen to anyone. But now it's time to put that behind us and move on. Thank you, and God bless."

I'd be Justin Timberlake, just before he wuz getting it on with the Minogues. \:D

Shallow answer, I know, sorry. Will have to think up something more suitable. ;\)

If it was one person for one day, I would be the French bloke responsible for signing the Treaty of Versailles.

Instead of demanding huge reparations and humiliating Germany for a war that all the major European powers had been up for, I would have insisted on closer economic and political ties between France and Germany. As it was, the conditions of the Treaty attempted to emasculate Germany in keeping with French wishes and fears, but only succeeded in turning the country into a tinderbox for extremism.

Had the Treaty been better conceived, the rise of fascism and the Second World War could possibly have been avoided.

Though not part of "the Treaty of Versailles" itself, the concurrent drawing of lines on maps created artificial states in Eastern Europe and the Balkans and proved to be a leading cause of the ethnic problems experienced in the 1990s.

What are the rules? Do you get to actually BE the person and make your own choices and actions?

Or rather, are you merely a spectator riding along in their brain, seeing and feeling and thinking and knowing what they know, but unable to affect what they do that day?

Either way is OK, but it makes a difference to my choice...

For example, if I chose to be Ali on the day he beat Foreman, and I was in total control, I'd probably be killed in the ring. I can't box. But if I were merely a spectator inside his brain, I'd know exactly what he went through that day and that would be a life-changing experience for me.

Another example, but going the opposite way: I could choose to be my Dad on that day in the early 70's when he had an extra $40,000 in cash and bonuses and made ultimately bad investments with it. I'd be him on that day, change what he did and use the money to buy a tract of what was then farmland but is now very high-dollar real estate worth millions...

When Prince Charles played this game, didn't he say he wanted to be Lady Camilla's tampon?

Quote:
Originally posted by badmigraine:
For example, if I chose to be Ali on the day he beat Foreman, and I was in total control, I'd probably be killed in the ring. I can't box. But if I were merely a spectator inside his brain, I'd know exactly what he went through that day and that would be a life-changing experience for me.

That's right. You'd have Parkinson's disease for the rest of your life. Oh wait, no you wouldn't.