"Dying is a very dull, dreary affair. And my advice to you is to have nothing whatever to do with it."

W. Somerset Maugham.

My grandfather had a couple of small wooden plaques in his living room, incl one that said

"there is no use worrying, you wont get out of this life alive"

I generally dont think about death because it will inexorably come in its own good time.

A pertinent question is, When your number is up, will you be able to face it like a man with your head held high, proud of your contributions to life, society and your family?

You are a long time dead. So I think you should enjoy your life to the full.Trying not to upset anybody.and smile lol.gif ,Because there is some body some

where having a bloody hard time. " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" /> " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

I was talking more about how the death of close relatives or friends affects people in different ways and just makes you feel really empty inside. I get a big knot in my throat and everything else starts to pale in significance. Is that how others have felt after losing someone close?

I have been lucky to enough to not lose anyone incredibly close to me. My great aunt recently died from lung cancer and that was pretty hard. I didn't know her all that well and maybe saw her once or twice a year.

That was hard enough and I'm not looking forward to losing someone in my immediate family or close friends and significant others.

that really was a nasty event.

The poor guy.

Imagine living 40 odd years of your life just to get picked out of the crowd and have a bomb put around your neck and then be ignored by the police. Suddenly BOOM! It is all over.

Many other needless deaths can be substituted for this scenario, however this one really got me thinking.

Imagine! You wake at 8am up for another day being Joe Nobody. By 3pm you have a bomb around your neck that was placed by complete strangers and you are about to blow up. My mind simply can't equate the transition of states between 8am and 3pm.

I think you can safely say that the person responsible is a dangerous sadist and needs to be apprehended. (I'm also wondering if the police should carry some useful tools like bolt cutters in their cars as well as shotguns.)

Dying a fearful death is certainly not the way to go if you can avoid it. I reckon.