badmigraine, that's some very interesting fat you put in the fire there. \:\)

barok, you should notice that I'm only talking about Japanese women working in Soapland, where slavery is not the norm. I've read of plenty of examples of sex slavery involving foreign women, but this thread is, ichiou, about Soapland.

Also, while I agree that just about anybody can be a sex-worker, just as anybody can be a translator, there are certain standards that have to be met to be considered successful at it, and certain skills that have to be won. When you come across somebody who has the skills and is doing well, it's an impressive thing, and impossible to see them as some sort of object.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

badmigrane...

i agree you can write about things without experiencing them...

like barok i too have seen various doc's on sex workers..and have had friends in the business...

I don't think that your lifestyle choice is one of your "average" sex worker.

from what i've seen both personally and through the doc's it appears to be an industry that causes a never ending downward spiral of dwindling self respect, worth and confidence....= drug abuse = escapism….and WHY?

ANSWER: No matter how liberal a select few of the general pop is...the bulk of society still sees sex workers as taboo....something to be shunned and hidden away. Regardless of how hard an individual may tell themselves that it really doesn't matter what people think...we all know this is not reality.

I'd like to take a pole to see how many of the forum men would call a sex worker a "slut".

As a matter of fact...i think we'd probably find that most men would call a woman who is not a sex worker ...but has slept with more than say...10-15 guys .......a slut.

Or has the name "slut" suddenly become a name which is used in respect??

My point being...that until society's views on sex, and men's views of women as sexual objects change....women working in the sex industry will not have respect.

Ocean11...you may appreciate a skilled sex worker...but ...would you marry one?

Umm....and out of curiosity...Badmigrane...after all your expansive exploits...do you have problems with skiddies in your undies?? eek.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by sweetaz:

most men would call a woman who is not a sex worker ...but has slept with more than say...10-15 guys .......a slut.
Only if I wasn't one of the 10-15 guys!
;\)

I have been friends with quite a few hookers and had one as a GF for quite a while when I was younger. From this small sample set I have found that it did not bring much good to their lives. For the most, they were a little screwed up.... but they were before they went into it anyway.

More to say on this topic, but later skaters.
 Quote:
Originally posted by sweetaz:
Ocean11...you may appreciate a skilled sex worker...but ...would you marry one?
I didn't this time, but I'll certainly bear it mind next time.

Quote:

My point being...that until society's views on sex, and men's views of women as sexual objects change....women working in the sex industry will not have respect.
I don't know whether you meant that to sound like a negative, undesirable thing, but it's often used as such. It's often used in conjunction with bullshit expressions like 'the object of the male gaze'. Quite simply, if men didn't view women as sexual objects, there would be no more children. It's a grotesque, moronic, evil slander to suggest that men in general see women as 'sexual objects' exclusively, even sex workers. But it's a slander that's made all the time, real casual like.
 Quote:
Originally posted by db:

I have been friends with quite a few hookers and had one as a GF for quite a while when I was younger. From this small sample set I have found that it did not bring much good to their lives. For the most, they were a little screwed up.... but they were before they went into it anyway.

More to say on this topic, but later skaters. [/QB]
but even that simple comment says reams about the issue, and i think is more often the case than not.

Whereas all of my building site and Pizza Hut colleagues were models of psychological stability, possessed of high self-esteem, insight and self control, and not the slightest inclination to do unhealthy quantities of drugs and booze.

lol.gif

The point being that nobody rails against very common and totally soul-destroying kinds of work, simply because they don't involve sex.