Anyone ever been cleaned up at a Soapland here in Japan? Let me know what it's like.... a Japanese colleague has offered to "show me Soapland" and I'm not exactly sure what to expect...

cool.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know whether 'glorified' is the word I'd choose, but harlotry rather than hygiene is the essence of Soapland. If it were otherwise, a 1.5 - 2 man yen wash would be considered very expensive.

'Pink Samurai' by Nicholas Bornoff has the details, although it may be out of date now.

Do let us all know every last detail.

Mr Matthews, it seems that in Soapland, the women are at liberty to make heaps of money, more than you'll ever make, and certainly far more than any woman at 7-11 makes, in most cases without harrassment from violent low-lifes. Women's lib propaganda notwithstanding, there are actually women who don't dislike washing men's privates any more than I have disliked carrying a hod or translating software manuals.

It all depends how you define 'lib' I suppose.

You are of course right to an extent Ocean, but how do you know I haven't been selling my arse for the last couple of years to rich gay business men :p

On a more serious note, and at the risk of making a rather harsh generlaisation, I shouldn't think the girls who work in Soapland are fully aware of the most basic definition of womens lib....yes they earn money, but they are systematically degrading women to the point of purchasable obejects, helping encourage the already inbalanced view of gender in Japan.

Not been here long, Mr Matthews?

There isn:t much of a womens lib movement in Japan for one simple reason... not enough women give a damn.

And why should they? Peel back the superficial veneer of sexism in Japan and you:ll find a nation of men who work long hours, and hand their money over to their women.

The western lib movement was perpetrated by middle class women who had no money, or way of getting it.

In a nutshell, Japanese women have the money already, I don:t think you:ll find them queing up to work.

And for those willing to wash twenty cocks a day for more money than you get in a month... no-one had a gun to their head... so to speak.

On the western lib thing, the biggest joke are the girls who come over here, slagging off the rampant sexism in Japanese society whilst working their hostess job at a karaoke bar...

Oh pishtosh!

When I was brushing 3 decades accumulation of dust down 8 flights of the emergency staircase of Debenhams without a dust mask for their refurbishment, do you think I wasn't being systematically degraded to the point of being a purchasable object? It felt very much like that. That kind of statement can be made very glibly, but men are in that position all the time.

There are plenty of self-realized women working of their own free will in the sex industry, in Japan too. And the men who pay them have far more respect for them than the 'respectable' women they know.

But hey, you'd know about that anyway - rich gay businessmen can be very tender and generous eh? ;\)

:Miteyak

Quote:
And why should they? Peel back the superficial veneer of sexism in Japan and you:ll find a nation of men who work long hours, and hand their money over to their women.[/
Where do I need to start??? So your condoning the fact that because women are conditioned to the point that they believe MEN are:

a) the only way that they can "get" a decent amount of money

B) are the only ones worthy of such sums!???

c) have no option and are seen as socially unacceptable if they stop accepting their handouts..

d) can't break through that glass ceiling....

Ocean why should self realised women feel they have to become objects for men's amusement to 'earn money.'

I'm not saying they ain't got the right, but their benefit is the burden that all women have to share via rape, battery etc. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy....subservience. 

Well, first off, people's amusement is serious business. There's nothing inherently wrong with catering to it. Men like women. Don't like that fact? Tough.

You could just as easily and fatuously ask "Why should brewers feel they have to make tasty beer just for beer drinkers' pleasure and to 'make money'?" Or you could ask a similar sort of (dumb) question about baseball players. The point is, the self-realized women that I'm talking about have looked at their options and means, and have made a choice, and they're no less sorry with it than a man in a similarly high-paid but unglamorous job would be.

What is the necessary connection between selling sex, and rape and battery? I don't see it...

oo, you better tell your colleague what evil he is encouraging in society by tempting you with Soapland.

while i would not deny the existence of some of these self-realized women, and i witness a strange functionality of the japanese system, a walk thru patpong in bangkok will show u an area full of japanese signs and forlornly faced women looking very bored wearing their bikins and dancing unenthusiastically to bad music. this is the other end of the sex industry. and this is pure exploitation. it would be naive to think all women working in japan are of the enlightened nature.

if it were full of happy soaplanders the story would be different. and i really can't comment on the general demographics of japanese sex workers. but it is definitely not like sweeping the floor for those who are forced or coerced into it. and i feel confident to state that this would be the situation for at least some women. it most certainly is in ohter countries.

as to where soapland fits into this spectrum, i would imagine it is the happy end of things.

as to the morality of the sex industry in general, i think it is difficult question. broadly though it probably does more harm to women than good.

as to womens lib in japan, i agree with all comments made.

Soapland is a form of prostitution where you choose from a menu and pay a significant sum to get washed, massaged, a BJ and or shag.

I haven't been so I don't know how good or otherwise it is, but I've seen several er, documentaries about it.

Years ago when I cycled round Biwako in a day and passed through a 'Soapland-mura' the touts seemed most keen for my custom, unappealing as I must surely have looked (though definitely in need of a bath and massage). Whereas in many other places they make the 'batsu' sign if I so much as glance at the sign. A foreign friend was invited by his colleagues for a foray into Soapland, and they went to some 5 or 6 places before giving up, because my friend probably had AIDS or was otherwise likely to cause trouble.

Quote:
What is the necessary connection between selling sex, and rape and battery? I don't see it...
To put it simply, there are certain members of our gender who fail to recoginise where a woman stops being a purchasable object (Soapland et al) and acutally IS a human being. The sex indusrty de-humanizes women....and thus rape and battery are its bi-products.