Can you tell me more about drugs in your country? In Japan, we do not know much about it - and difficult to separate the soft and hard (?) kind of it.

Did you do some? Is it legal? Why? etc

I want to know more about the real situation

Thanks!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOOOOOOO ! ! ! DRUGS ! ! !

The most popular recreational drug in America is Caffeine, by far. It is found in coffee and will wake you up.

Number 2 would have to be alcohol, It can be found in beer. It makes you charming, strong, brave, and more attractive to the opposite sex. It is also known for making members of the opposite sex appear more attractive.

After that you have marijuana. It can be found in marijuana. Effects include chillin' groovin' and a real stony heady buzz. It is basically a harmless drug, but can have adverse effects on people's motivation and ability to do stuff - drive, study, engage in intelligent conversation.

After that, in terms of popularity, it would have to be cocaine. Effects include numbness in your mouth, wanting more cocaine, and an incapacitating hangover the next day. It is more of an image drug than anything, it is really no fun. Speed is kindov along the same lines, but even more habit forming and hard on your body - don't take speed unless you want to end up as human wreckage.

After that it is kindof a mixed bag. You get alot of people who pop pills - pills have all sorts of effects, but a common one seems to be that they are habit-forming.

You also get freaky-deaky's who get into Hallucinogens - examples of hallucinogens are LSD, DMT Psilocybin-containing mushrooms, Mescaline, ecstacy also fits in here. These drugs are great and should be experimented with by everyone, at least at some point in your life. You get to see stuff that isn't really there, and feel stuff that isn't really happening - I mean, how cool is that ? And unless you take too many, long term side effects are pretty minimal, unless you do something stupid while you are whacked out. Most of these drugs are non-habit forming, although you gotta watch out for extacy - being an amphetamine, it will grab hold of you if you are not careful.

After that, there is alot of garbage that people put in their systems - heroin, inhalants, ketamine - all of it just pure garbage. Sure you will get high, but it is just really not even worth experimenting with.

What more can one add ... save the downside to alchohol; depression, violence, accidental death, cerosis of the liver...etc, etc...

Oh and Heroin. Don't try it, not because it's garbage (too dismissive), but because it makes life seem rather dull be comparison, apparently. It appears no-one really has the willpower not to do it again. Once you've been to heaven, who wants earth. Side effects, hell, but then everyone knows that...

In the UK, some of my friends always had marijuana at home, and also occasionally used acid, while other friends would never touch it. I have yet to even see cocaine, heroin or any kind of pill, though not through any attempt to avoid it. None of these things are legal, all though they're very common.

I would very much like to be allowed to grow marijuana and poppies - I would have them in my garden if it was legal, and I think it should be.

From all the conversation I've had with coworkers and friends, regarding drugs in Japan.... There seems to be zero education about drugs. The common view is that all drugs are hard. Marijuana is put in the same category as heroin or acid. Strange though, that up until last year shrooms were legal, and that there are still some pretty serious psychedelics being sold legally.

and no-one has mentioned tobacco. extremely habit forming and known to cause many diseases.

heroin is addictive to a similar level as tobacco is, very, but not universally so. opiates often have the side effect of making u nausiated, which can be a predominant effect in low doses.

the hang over from cocaine is probably largely related to your actions and concurrent consumption of other intoxicants. it is more emotionally addicitive than physically.

overdosing on hallucinogens is a good way of cutting down on your use of them, but can be troubling to the mind.

nitrous oxide is also another fun area for experimentation, and mixes well with psychaedelics. but prolonged excessive use can lead to vitamin b12 deficiencies and numbess and tingling. it is given to women giving birth, and is safe in moderation in a safe seated or reclined position.

I can't understand why people need those drugs. Why??? confused.gif

I only enjoy alcohol, but not too much. Even if people enjoy tobocco or marijuana next to me, nothing interesting to me.

I saw mrijuana plant in Switzerland, is it illegal there, too?

Quote:
Originally posted by slow:
I can't understand why people need those drugs. Why???
Kibun tenkan. The level of 'need' is as strong as your need for a change of mood or scene. And I guess whether you use a drug to achieve that depends on your general level of curiosity, acceptance of risk, fear of the unknown, and any number of other factors.

I don't know what the deal is in Switzerland. The militia are allowed to keep their military rifles at home, so I suppose they may also be allowed to grow dope.
 Quote:
Originally posted by slow:
I can't understand why people need those drugs. Why??? confused.gif
I only enjoy alcohol, but not too much. Even if people enjoy tobocco or marijuana next to me, nothing interesting to me.
I saw mrijuana plant in Switzerland, is it illegal there, too?
Strength-wise, Alcohol is in the same category as marijuana. Even though, long-term, alcohol is more harmful to the body. To answer your question, just ask yourself, why do you "need" to drink alcohol?
 Quote:
Originally posted by barok:
It is basically a harmless drug, but can have adverse effects on people's motivation and ability to do stuff...engage in intelligent conversation.
Guess this one depends on what side of the pipe you sit on. Stoned people (me included) seem to have this enept ability to take the smallest piece of trivia and create the worlds biggest story or debate. Fun really.

Best one for me was "...such a happy dog." Dunno where the story came from, can't remember crap about the detials or why the hell we were talking bout a dog, but sure was a damn good evening.
\:D
 Quote:
Originally posted by mogski:
Stoned people (me included) seem to have this enept ability to take the smallest piece of trivia and create the worlds biggest story or debate. Fun really.
Mogs - There are others on the forum who are like-minded (myself included). I believe an SJ session is in order.... \:D
 Quote:
Originally posted by MistaSparkle:
Strength-wise, Alcohol is in the same category as marijuana.
in my experience, alcohol is strength wise, the equal of almost any mind-altering substance - the exceptions being those that knock u out straight away. i've always wondered how this fact seems to be missed by many non-illicit-drug-taking drinkers. the chief difference being its legality. this opinion is clouded by the perception that other drugs are incapable of being used in low doses.

a low dose of lsd can cause ceaseless bursts of laughter combined with very little in the way of hallucinations.

all drugs are dangerous in overdose. alcohol kills u. other drugs just make u crazy.

Mr*, I believe people who really regularly indulge in MJ die of cancer with the same regularity, whereas a daily infusion of booze is said to be positively beneficial. I don't have an abolitionist's axe to grind here - quite the opposite - but I think one should be aware of the dangers.

What's the 'deal' in Tokyo with MJ? Is there somewhere where you can go to get it, or is it a friends sort of thing?

I have no solid evidence to back this up, but I belive alcohol is responsible for far more damage to the body and is far more of a cause of early death than MJ smoking. The kind of healthy daily dosage of booze you're talking about would be a glass of red wine, and it's benefits are found in it's anti-oxidant properties, not because of the alcohol. (barok... I'm sure you'd be more of an expert in this...??)

In any event, compare the sheer amount of alcohol required to get you to a "feel-good" level compared to the amount required with MJ. There's a major difference.

db- pot calling the kettle black! (no pun intended)

ive ben around a bit so ill add a few things.

When you take hallucinogens you can alter what you see, or percieve to see. It effect both side of the brain seperately so the left side of the brain allows you to see violent images where the right provides calming and placid images. lie on a bed and put your left ear on the pillow and watch your head go crazy with fast, agressive images and thewn turn it over to the right. the difference is almost instant. i dont know why though.

ive only dabbled once in japan, last year NYE, but you can get whatever you want pretty easily, the hardest to get being marijuana. hash is easy though.

for those not from nth america and nz, mixing tobacco with your weed increases your chances of health problems by 2. smoking a mixed joint is like smoking 3-4 cigerettes, a bong like 8 ciges because of the water that goes into your lungs in the form of steam/smoke but statistically, in 1999, there were 10 times less deaths resulting from pure marijuana smoking than from smoking. it could have something to do with the amount of ciges smoked though. the report i read mentioned this in its summary of results.

I dont have anything to do with them anymore but still tell people some of the effect if they want to know.

oh! shibuya is the place to go in tokyo

Quote:
Originally posted by MistaSparkle:

compare the sheer amount of alcohol required to get you to a "feel-good" level compared to the amount required with MJ. There's a major difference.
Yes, indeed, one of the major elements of pot that is overlooked is that it is much faster and easier to administer than alcohol. I admit, the final effect on the body and mind is different, but in its own way, just as powerful. This is one of the hidden risks of pot. Wake up, turn on the telly, have 3 cones... all within the first 10 minutes of your day. Or, come home from work, pull a few buckets... its all over for the night. Very cheap, very fast acting and very easy and no hangover to scare you off the idea of having a few.

To do this with grog requires a gut of iron as you skull 500ml of rum, or 2 hours to down 15 beers. It takes 5 minutes to be totally out of it via smoking grass. Pretty powerful and effective stuff in its own right.

I am not trying to defend grog or make out the evils of pot. All I am doing is speaking to the often overlooked realities of loving weed. No need to get defensive as most people do when I say this stuff. I just think that a lot of 19 year olds need to be educated as to the hidden trap in there arguement that 'pot is harmless'.

It is not nearly as innocent as most people would like to believe. However I do concede that society would benefit if more people smoked than got poo-faced drunk.

(on a side mostly unrelated note: an eater near my office offers a free beer with lunch.... but only to ciggy smokers!!!)