Neville is too old, so I'd say Gerrard. But it wont happen because it would be too big a smack in the face for Beckham. Becks will lead us out in Germany 2006.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neville is the same age as Beckham isn't it?? Not too old I reckon. I think this coming year will be a very important one for Becks, he has a lot to prove right now....

What about keepers? I wish we had someone better than James. Kirkland?

Just checked

Neville birthday 18th February 1975.

Beckham birthday 2nd May 1975

Kirkland indeed if he can stay out of injury for more than a week ;\)

I've never had much confidence in Calamity, I think he will and should be sent packing soon for a better replacement.

Good news sports fans:

Quote:
"The last three or four weeks have been really confusing and for the first time in my career I thought about moving on," said Gerrard.

"But I have gone with the decision that is in my heart and that is to stay with Liverpool. I love the club," he added.

phew.

Admittedly he was pretty subdued in the Euro shop window, but the main potential buyers were not European teams. (Twas Chelsea).

Look at what an amazing player he has been this last full season at Liverpool.

I saw Liverpool play quite a few times last season and Gerrard was basically the (only) bright thing for them from last season. Glad hes turned down Chelsea. Haha!

Quote:
Gerrard may have looked like a man who had just lost a fortune at the press conference to announce that he had decided to stay at Liverpool.

But the Blues' 」130,000-a-week offer was apparently the last thing on his mind when he had a shock change of heart. When he spoke with Anfield chief executive Rick Parry over his future, the 24-year-old got animated about just one thing - the shirt number previously worn at Anfield by Heskey and Stan Collymore.
He really did looked pissed at that conference. All that money!

All he asked for was the number 8 shirt Heskey Lump left behind, apparently. He could have made the effort to look a little happier admittedly.

Very good news for Liverpool though.

Did you see this one? He looked different. Hear about the text he supposedly sent to Chelsea saying I'm yours at Euro 04. It was widely reported how pissed he looked, and he did look like that to me

actually no i didnt see this one, but ive seen a few others and it was hard to imagine him looking more glum unless he was actually crying. anyway he has chosen to stay and thats what matters, if he wanted to go he would have just gone (and gotten incredibly rich in the process).

Considering the purpose of the press conference (to say his heart was in Liverpool and he was staying, etc), you would have thought that he would have made an effort to look happy about his love for the pool and his heart being there.

If he did send that text message.... why did he do that?

I think there's much more to this story than is being let on.

What the fluck is it with Real Madrid. If rumours are to be believed, they are trying to poach basically every class player out there in a real underhand way. It's been Owen, Van Nistelrooy, Henry. It's Viera and Rooney now. Even if the rumours aren't true, theres all the bullshit and lies that were flying about before all the last 3 big signings there (Becks, "I like pies" Ronaldo and ZZ).

I wish they'd just bugger off. wakaranai.gif

NoFakie - what you reckon about the Shearer stories going round now?

There were major rumours that Robson had agreed with Houllier to sell Shearer for 3 mill or so at the beginnning of last season. Supposedly it was stopped by the Newcastle chairman. If you're wondering why we would sell Shearer, it may be connected to there supposedly being two camps among the Newcastle players. On one side, there's the older pros like Shearer, Shay Given, Gary Speed and and on the other, "too much too young" group like Dyer and Bellamy. When that rape story broke last year, Shearer had to be dragged off Titus Bramble. Shearer's also influenced transfers in the past, so maybe Robson's just sick of it and wants his own way.

Whatever happens, Robson's out at the end of the season. Apparently he wants Beattie, but the chairman won't pay. They say he'd rather have Kluivert on a free.

Soton want much more for Beattie than Chelsea paid for Kezman. It sounds silly.

Apparently Jonathan Woodgate got pissed and glassed HIMSELF a couple of weeks ago.

Bunch o' nuts!!

Another chucklesome headline on the Guardian today: "It's beginning to look like Leeds's three remaining players will be asked to train in the local park next season."

While being a Manchester fan, Leeds have always been "the enemy" - even if they were on a different level mwaaahahah uaahahah - it is kinda sad to see what is happening over there, falling apart like that. Just to think how long ago was it when they were challenging in Europe...

Top news

PATRICK KLUIVERT has told Newcastle that they are his top choice, and has assured them that his salary will not be a problem at all*.

(* as long as they agree to 50,000 pounts a week min)

lol.gif