• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, a lot of centre halfs are like Keown.

Sami Hyppia is just as bad, though the cameras dont show what he gets up to very often. I remember being really surprised the first time i saw him trying to wind someone up, cos it was so vicious. Funnily enough, it was Keown he was trying to wind up, in the last minute of an AFC vs LFC game last season when arsenal won. He was up there for a corner, and had his head in keowns face, pulling weird faces energetically.

yeah sky sucks, I dont see why they dont show every live game they can, even if it means putting 4 live games on at once on seperate channels. I`m paying these bastards 6000yen a month after all!

Good to see Ruud overcome and get that hattrick - nice one! \:D

Seen the news that Beckham has an injury and may be a ? for the Turkey game. That would be bad news. \:\(

mr. bing, i`v been followin all tha reports, and i rekon that everthins been blown outta all proportion.

if your team was sittin at tha top o` tha table, you woodn`t give a rats iver. just you watch em` win tha premiership, he he he! \:\) lol

Quote:
if your team was sittin at tha top o` tha table, you woodn`t give a rats iver. just you watch em` win tha premiership, he he he!
Well, actually - no.

You may well be like that, but if "my team" behaved like that I'd be embarrassed about it all and would actually "give a rats iver" (?).

And amongst other things it just reinforces anti-football people's view of the game and culture that surrounds it.

I mean, if these multi-millionaire players just act like complete no-brain yobbos on the pitch,.....

Sad.

Rumours are rife about this on the football messageboards. Newcastle played in London at the weekend, so a lot of fans seemed concerned about the various perceived playboys and miscreants in our team.

A while back, loads of players were implicated by rumours about that Blackburn guy who was playing away on his wife and was stupid enough to take on the press. Some of the present rumours are bound to be similarly off the mark. The story itself is coming from the Sun, which lets face it will stir things up and print any old shite to sell more copies.

I think Robson will stay. If I remember correctly (and I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong NoFakie!), but didn't Newcastle have a real bad start to the season last year as well. (Admittedly maybe not quite as bad as this year).

The L v A game should be good. I have high expectations.

Well they were all over Arsenal in the first half, who were rubbish. And didn't take some of the chances they had. Then came the 2nd half, when they were all over us and we were rubbish.

\:\(