Well, I didn't see the game but that tackle in the Liverpool game must have been some piece of work. mad.gif

Anyone else see Ronaldo? Once we gets settled in and a bit more experience at ManU he looks like he's going to be amazing - defenders don't know how to handle the guy. Exciting stuff to watch, that.

And what about Leeds? 4-0 loss to newcomers? eek.gif

NoFakie, happy about Shearer staying on?

\:D

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ronaldo the footwork wizard! He frustrates a lot at the moment too, here's to him learning and growning into the super player it looks like he can be \:D

Pity Arsenal held Portsmouth to a draw \:\(

Newcastle have had a poor start to the season. In terms of results, it's nothing we've not seen before, but their performances have been very poor, which does not bode well.

Alan Shearer has scored every league goal so far.

The lovely Craig Bellamy has been booked for dissent in every match (NUFC*3, Wales*1).

Since Bellamy's quick he gets into lots of one-on-ones, but when he shoots he reminds you of that saying about a cow's arse and a banjo. While he is in and out with injuries, his finishing is the major reason why he scores less than 10 a season.

To his credit, defenders are terrified of his pace (maybe second only to Henry) and he sets up a lot for other players, esp. big Al with his creaky knees. In terms of pace creating things indirectly, he's a bit like Dyer who is often accused of charging around without doing anything tangible.

Bellamy doesn't dive as much as some players I could mention, and he's not really a dirty player, but his mouth is going the entire time. Whinge, whinge, whinge. It's not surprising that he winds lots of people up. Danny Mills got sent off a couple of seasons ago for blatantly kicking him well after the ball had gone. I'm not a Mills fan, but you can understand his motives.

Newcastle miss Bellamy a lot when he's out. Though his obvious replacement is the rubber-legged Congo striker LuaLua (check out his celebration), he has wound Bobby up for going off to play for his country. Instead of LuaLua we get Shola, who's too similar to big Al. As a result, people are usually delighted to see Bellamy come back.

I think Wales play him on the wing.

I thought you might like this, scouser. (Or not, as the case may be).

-----

David Blaine is today on the verge of quitting his latest stunt, he is upset that his attempt at doing "nothing in the box" for 44 days will NOT be a record.

Acording to the Guinness Book of Records, the current holder of this title is Emile Heskey and stands at four years!!

-----

lol.gif

I always slag him off, but when he came for england against macedonia (or was it lichencstein?) the other week he really turned the game around. but anyway he still generally sucks bigtime.

I'll be watching too, hopefully it will be a good one.

Good result for Liverpool last night - Heskey on the scoreboard too ;\)

You must be a bit fed up with the start Newcastle have made, NoFakie. wakaranai.gif

I listened in on Manure radio. The whole penalty incident was hilarious. Mickey Thomas (remember him?) said "Diego Forlan would definitely have scored" and then starting umming and ahhing when he realized what he'd just said.

Nice lads, the Arsenal

2781236654.jpg

Check out Lauren again in this one. Old man Keano surprisingly keeping out of it.

haha.jpg

Martin Keown with some words of consolation for big Ruud

handbags1.jpg

Hod also got the boot, so a good day all round I reckon

what a crappy game that was.

in my opinion, ruud didnt over react to vieras kick. viera went to kick ruud, so ruud recoiled instinctively. he didnt fall down or appeal to the referee or anything. but the ref was directly behind ruud so he couldnt see well, thats why he booked viera again. perhaps ruud could have stepped in and said nothing happened, but come on thats not really gonna happen. so i dont know why they have it in for ruud so much.