Quote:
Originally posted by snowboard_freak:
I just can't believe it. I really can't.
What?? a rich, ambititous, strong willed, determined, highly dedicated "self made" man pursued his dream and won? I can believe that.
He dreamed to be the best bodybuilder and he relentlessly pursued his dream and he became the greatest of them all. He wanted to be an actor and he became the highest paid and possibly most widely known actor in the world. He wanted to be the Governor of Cal' and this wasn't a spur of the moment thing, this has been his long term ambition
and he achieved tha goal too. 3 for 3 in the "massive goal" setting stakes for Arnie.
Goal 4, clean up California. This man does not lose! he simply doesnt know the word lose he will not accept failure and you can bet he will make a damn fine effort in his next phase.

God speed Arnie

I was hoping he would lose just so we could all hear that famous "I'll be back" stuff.

But good on em for winning!

Would love to hear what the world concensus on regan becoming president was if this is what you get just for becoming a governor! eek.gif

I agree with kamoshika on this one. I think Arnie has good personality and he rubs off as being positive person. I think I always wanted him to win even though I was not sure he was the best man for the job, I just sort of like his persona.

If he is successful in California, the presidency will be no problem for he...then we will all be living in T4. A machine from the future fools everyone into thinking he is human, becomes President of the US and conquers the world!

Kamo it was just a figure of speech. I am just suprised that he got in thats all. It makes no lickin' difference to me who gets in in the state of California or any other state for that matter. If that was his dream, props to him for achieving it. I'm not putting him down for it, I am just suprised that he got in. Thats it. Simple.

Kamo we've touched on this in another thread, but just because he's super ambitious, it doesn't mean he is the best man for the job. From the info I've read about the whole race, he is a bit light on any kind of policy, and is making promises that he likely can't keep.

Is it really true that he declined all invitations to TV debates which didn't have the questions to be asked, provided before he went on-air???? If so, draw your own conclusions.

"I'm a man for the people." So was Stalin!

He's a bit of a novice at this game, so I reckon he is likely to be heavily 'in consultation' with 'other parties' namely his Billionaire backer, whose name escapes me. 

Im shocked that it has happen but then again im like well the other candiated wouldnt have people voting for them cause they arent famous!!!

If it was manditory to vote in america then things may have been different but hey only the "terminator" fans voted!

meh - my opinion is its CRAZY! Im just glad i dont live there!!

Mr Matthews is right about him not being present for any of the TV debates unless he was given the questions prior to the night/day..and he's totally right about him making ridiculous claims that he can't deliver. But thats the whole thing with politics. Make as many claims as you can to get in and then worry about things later. Isn't that what Reagan/Bush Snr/Clinton/Bush 'W' did? Arnie has an intelligent team assembled behind him, so to speak.