totally agree, the england france game is gonna be real close. england really shocked me by how poorly they defended their try line. i kinda think that wales lost it rather than england winning it. thay missed a load of kicks and towards the end maybe made a few bad decisions.

however, i dont think france have actually played anyone good yet. this'll be their first challenge and its gonna be a cruncher.

england vs. NZ final!!!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by grungy-gonads:
And who for the title?

How come NZ are so good at rugby, then?
Because in NZ Rugby is like a religion, it is THE sport. There is more news about the All Black captain than the PM.
It is headline news on the TV consisently.
In small towns the Rugby club is the town focus, people congregrate for the games, it bonds the communities. It infiltrates everywhere grassroots to the very top, it is life.
Soccer is life in Brazil
Rugby is life in NZ
 Quote:
Originally posted by db:
which makes NZ a [your choice of words] place to be if you do not follow rugby.
could be worse I could have born in Brazil...
;\)

If you dont follow Rugby its a great place to be, durin ga test match up to 50% of the population watch on TV so others places are uncrowded and free at those times cool.gif

A lot of woman like it too and heavily involved behind the scenes at any local rugby club.

My mum is a rugby nut, she thinks she should be an All Black selector and watches all the games and sends score updates to my mobile phone email. Does the same with the cricket, but then again my mum is and always has been a sport nut (went to the commonwealth games twice ;\) ) reads the sports section first in the paper.

My sister on the other hand has never watched a game of rugby in her life, she has no interest at all. To each their own.

Oh my god, you poor buggers. This is not at all a gloat, but the morbid depression on the streets of NZ tomorrow morning will be palpable. Tonight will just be a situation of silent shock.

Having seen how unhealthily addicted 99% of Kiwis are to the All Blacks performance, I actually feel a sorry for them at the moment.

Due to great concern for personal safety, the Australian government has recommended that Australians in NZ on non essential business should leave the country.

I am seriously gutted, what a game to pull out the most abysmal game of the season. Well Done Australia you played bloody well when it counted.

The ABs played like chumps 384.gif not a clue tonight

The All Blacks certainly did not perform to their best, but full credit has to go to the Wallabies. They actually looked like they had some fire and desire to win the game, unlike most of their efforts this year. I've always felt the Wallabies refuse to turn it on until they absolutely have to, at which time they can beat anyone.

I gotta agree. The All Blacks really played a bad game. Their attackk was more suited to game of league.

The Wallabies picked up their game when they needed to and played a much better game than the AB's. I thought the Wallabies had it in them to win, but I wasn't that confident that we would. Bring on the finals!!!

I watched it in a bar last night too. Good fun.

But I did observe something. That Australian penalty taker. He also seems to be the person who takes the penalties for the English team!!

I'm surprised no-one noticed his secret of playing for 2 teams. He's going to be in a right pickle if the final is Australia vs England - how will he be able to play for both at the same time without anyone noticing??

\:D

(Maybe I'm mistaken and in fact they are 2 different people. They sure look the same.)

Too bad. Luckily I didn't watch it cause I had to work-had considered getting the day off but I'm glad I didn't. Well done Australia, it'll be a kick ass final whoever wins today. More likely than not NZ will be full of people totally depressed and calling for the head of John Mitchell (coach) etc. It's a little bit over the top really. I certainly won't be letting it spoil my day. Looking forward to seeing some more games hopefully.