Driving a car in Japan...

It is stupid things to ask you....

I had a car in Japan and i drived a car in Japan... BUT! now I am in Germany and already get used to driving in "Right side" wakaranai.gif . I am a bit scared to drive a car again Japan when I got back for holiday.

But I want to visit so many places and I think I want to rent a car... but... I am a bit scared to drive Japan side....

Do you have any advices that "what should I be careful" switch driving side??

Well you've said that you used to drive in Japan and have now gotten used to driving on the other side of the road in Germany.

So it shouldn't be much different coming back to Japan and driving on the other side of the road again, seeing as though you've done it already.

yeah i'm a bit worried too. have been driving on the left for over a year now and i'm going back to the us next month for thankgiving. am renting a car for a 6hr drive on the right.... figure with other cars on the road they will keep me in line.

we drive on the left in aus, & i hired a car in canada a few years back, & drove around in an old bomb in the US a bit too. it was a bit weird, but not too bad... automatic is definately a lot easier, & you just have to be careful turning across traffic - just make sure you always look both ways!! i ~nearly~ had a smash in Canada, taking a left without looking first (which of course is ok to do when you drive on the left...)

i'd love to hire a car in japan if i could read japanese... does anyone drive around there without being able to read jap? how hard is it?

gee, i didnt really notice the road signage last time i was in japan... :doh: but im pretty sure niseko didnt have english road signs... i guess its pretty rural there though. its not looking likely that we'll get a car on this next trip anyway - will probably do it all by plane & bus.... but good to know for future reference \:\)