After SSAWS is IKEA!?!?!?!?!

I have heard such a funny news in Germany,

After SSAWS (former big snow dome) will be IKEA which will open next Spring... it is true??

I am happy to hear that IKEA will be open in Kanto area (so I can guy a lot of stuff in the future in Japan) but.... I still miss SSAWS....

any comments!?

I reseached about this topic.

yeah, first IKEA shop in Japan opening in 2005 September. So SSAWS will be broken down. I hoped any company would open SSAWS again. I still miss SSAWS, too. " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

I saw that there is plans to build a SSAWS-like structure in Dubai soon as part of a huge entertainment complex (the so-called " Mall of the Emirates ").

Quote:
Offering a snow-covered atmosphere all year round even during soaring summer temperatures, the ski resort is expected to draw crowds from the region and beyond, eager to ski, snowboard or simply to experience real snow. Enclosed only with tall glass partitions, its winter environment and exciting activities will be in open view to shoppers in the mall, diners in the nearby restaurant area and guests from the overlooking rooms in the adjoining hotel.

One third larger than initially planned with five ski runs and a full capacity of 1,500 visitors, the ski resort will match standards of leading edge indoor ski facilities in Europe and will hold a massive 6,000 tons of snow. Its longest ski run will measure 400m – a record by world standards and equivalent to 1 ¼ times the height of the Burj Al Arab.

Visitors will be immersed in an authentic winter environment of an alpine village where children can build snowmen, experience the chilly interior of an ice cavern, go tobogganing and play with snowballs. Visitors can also take a ride on the ski lift, and skiers and snowboarders can jump off at their choice of slope, ranging from a beginner run to a 62m vertical drop. The changing terrain throughout the slopes will deliver the thrills and challenges of the world’s top ski mountains, and offer an ideal environment for amateur and professional competitions to be hosted by the resort.

Placing the snow dome inside a shopping mall is a great idea and make commercial sense. It would raise curiosity and attract people who are otherwise hesitate to join the sports. Only if SSAWS have done the same thing (sigh!).

• 2 weeks later...