Worth getting an xbox for....!

Sales of the consoles, showing xbox has sold 75,200 consoles in 2003 compared to over 2,000,000 PS2s! eek.gif

-----------------

System Sales this week Total Sales in 2003

PlayStation 2 27,500 --- 2,097,300

GameBoy Advance SP 25,800 --- 1,733,600

GameCube 7,200 --- 546,400

GameBoy Advance 6,000 --- 1,068,100

Xbox 640 --- 75,200

PSone 520 --- 57,300

WonderSwan Crystal 340 --- 31,000

Its a great machine and its doing much better these days in the states and europe.

There are some classic games on it, particularly Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic which is an absolutely amazing game. This is rated as the best game around now, and it is exclusive to xbox and PC.

Next year, we have True Fantasy Live Online coming out, which I think is gonna blow every other online RPG out of the water.

Well I have been following the development of this game for over a year with much interest. Liquid X, where did you get a chance to play this game in Tokyo? I looked on amazon and its not avaiable in Japan till the middle of December. I am super keen to get a Japanese PS2 now, just to get this game but I am worried about the amount of kanji contained in the game, i.e BIG challenges explained in kanji rather than english. If I can have a look at the game then I can make a decision. Yes I know the Xbox is superior in graphics but I want to sell the console when I leave in a year's time.

Please help me as I am going crazy not playing this game.

Also, anyone had any experience importing a US PS2 into Japan? Any suggestions, comments as I am also thinking of doing this.

And yes, I am a part-time otaku ;\)

I enjoyed SSX Tricky but it wasnt that amazing. I'll get the new one too whenever it comes out (when?), but I'm not exactly jizzing in my pants about it.

Looks like I am the only RPG fan on this board :'(

I usually play US RPG's that I have downloaded or got on pirate.

I finished Star Wars KOTOR, which is probably the best game I have ever played, and now i am playing Morrowind, which is more of an old style in depth RPG with an enourmous world to explore, and 1000s of quests/chars/items etc.

i have a chipped xbox:

www.xbox-scene.com

with a chipped xbox, you can connect your PC to your xbox and upload mp3s, mpgs, games, photos, anything really. I also put a new 120gb hard drive in my xbox, so now i have tons of games, movies, and 6000 songs on there. i connect it to some speakers and its my sound system. i also have a snes emulator with every snes game ever made (about 600 games). oh and a n64 emulator too.

i download the games from soulseek, but i hear kazaa is better for donwloading such huge files. i dont like the spyware on kazaa so i stick to soulseek.

The hardest part was getting my head round what can and cant be done, in what order etc. you gotta read quite a lot of stuff on that site.

The actual doing it wasnt too bad.

Putting the chip in is easy. Thats the main thing to do, as that unlocks a lot of possiblities.

If you want to go further, you will need a cd-rw drive, so you can make a cd-rw of Slayers auto installer, which will put lots of cool stuff on your hard drive like a media player, FTP etc.

To go further, put in a new hard drive. Thats as far as I have gone, but some people even put in new LEDs and stuff like that.

You need to know a little bit about filepaths and file management, but nothing that anyone who has been using a PC for a few years wouldnt know.

by the way SSX Tricky3 is available to download now.

I have seen it in the xbox usenet email groups thing. I dont know how to use usenet though so I cant download it. Hopefully it will show up on kazaa or soulseek soon.