This has been done before but there are so many new faces so here we go.

In Japan where would you go and why

Powder strict inbounds no rope ducking:

Happo nothing beats the high alpine terrain. 3 Years ago nobody even skied in the powder up there.

Powder inside the resort but ducking ropes:

Nozawa Onsen too much terrain the most Ive seen in Japan in the way of skiable trees and chutes.

Watch for big cliffs.

Just out side of the resort small hikes 30mins back to the resort. Here I have to Say happo, 47 and Tsugaike. on reputation ill take Naeba would like to go there again someday. The lines off happo and 47 can get pretty steep and very long also many natural half pipes. tsugaike small huckable rocks in mid sixed chutes.

Best place long 1 to 2 hour hikes. I like myoko suginohara and tsugaike 47 a good runner-up.

Suginohara you get a great veiw and you can ski down the crater which is cool. from there you can climp back up and ski some ski lines back into myoko proper or suginohara great spring sking and ps the best natural quater pipe I have found in japan can be built into a huge jump.

Tsugaike you can acess norikura and or the back chutes some good steep stuff there where you have to commit to your line. 47 too much that I dont know but I gather it will jump up my list soon.

Freestyle

Almost anywhere in gifu is smack down crazy good. best big kicker in japan Dynaland. Not the biggest but when you factor in a landing zone that is 50 meters long you just feel safe. Best half pipe is a toss up dynas is great but the su shines a bit differently on it the whole day. takasus pipe is very steep but well kept. I prefer dyna but it wins cause I like the shape of the walls a bit better.

Rails this year takasu had sic rails a monster 15meter small up kink. Dyna had the best mid level 6 rail course set up though by far Nozawa also put up quite a bit of high level stuff too.

In the end I think it was a toss up bettween takasu and dyna again with takasu in there because they really upped the level.

Fav resort close to home.

Takasu for pow

dyna for a good mix of pow and pipe.

Nozawa

Nozawa.

Just out side of the resort small hikes 30mins back to the resort:

Never done.

Best place long 1 to 2 hour hikes:

Never done.

Fav resort close to home:

Nozawa. Myoko Suginohara.

Sorry there Fattwins. Havn't been to many places yet and the places I have been to havn't been exploited to there full potential quite yet.

Next season will be different. I will exploit and abuse everything I can ;\)

I've been around for a little while now, but great idea, Fattwins, to spread the knowledge.

Appreciated clap.gif

Now, let me get off my butt and go find a job near one of those places.

Anyone need snow monkey?

I don't think I'm really qualified to make such a list as I have done very little travalling around. I tend to buy a season ticket to one place 30 minutes away from home. It's hard to find motavation to spend lots of money on lift tickets to another place not to mention getting up super early and going on a long drive to another place when home is consistantly good.

Yeah but cap youve been to a few places right? You can come up with something even if its just about home. Even if you gave away all of getous secrets almost knoowbody from here heads up that way anyways so youll just be giving us motivation.

Here is my 2~5 cents.

Houdaigi

Chise

Just out side of the resort small hikes 30mins back to the resort:

Niseko Hirafu

Best place long 1 to 2 hour hikes:

Sandanyama

Fav resort close to home:

Kagura

• 3 weeks later...

I had to re-read your post 3 times to make sure I wasn't missing anything....

are you serious?

Powder and backcountry - Hakkoda and Hachimantai easily. No ropes, no boundaries. Be prepared. As far as big hits and rails, that's all you man. I have no interest.

Go north people. Unless you enjoy the confines of the Japnese ski industry. Bring a shovel and shoes while you're at it. The only place I know of, without hiking, where it's a "No Shit" situation. Good times \:\)

You may want to check out some BC in Hokkaido also. Get you away from the Tokyo Valley of skiing/boarding.

• 1 month later...

Yo,

Whats with all this tellin everybody where to go skiing and stuff? And twins, you know your supposed to be telling everyone to go to Niseko. I mean that's where the Ozzies have been screaming about the powder for years.

Keep it real,

Powman Natan