good question mogski!

well, dope is a term frequently used by the underworld society of drug addicts and pushers. these gutterdwellers use the term to refer to various illicit substances. it actually depends what part of the gutter u come from as to what it actually means. the stoners use it to refer to weed, the junkies - smack, but in between the carcophony of drug jargon utilised by this social slime, it can in fact refer to any drug whatsoever.

While it's quite obvious that many normal, rational, successful people have done 'dope' of one sort or another, it's also quite obvious that many haven't ever, and wouldn't ever. It doesn't help the cause of those who want to be free to get a little bent from time to time having morons saying "Everybody does it", when clearly they don't.

(Nor does it help having US presidents who claim to have gone to the trouble and risk of rolling a joint, lighting it, taking a puff, and not getting properly stoned. What extraordinarily foolish behaviour...)

Personally I think that if good cigars were available at more reasonable prices, most people would turn their noses up at 'dope' in favour of a nice stogie. (Incidentally, it appears that the non-inhaling President didn't know the correct procedure for smoking a cigar either. What a terrible example to youth.)

Im not a hard drug man, never have been never will be. Natural crap is fine with me. As I see it there is not much difference between Tabacco etc.

Myself I dont care smoke dont if you dont want it around you I totally respect that.

Quote:
In a major setback for anti-smoking forces in a nation where even the Health Ministry has cigarette vending machines, the Tokyo District Court on Tuesday rejected demands for 10 billion yen ($91.28 million) in compensation for each plaintiff.

Presiding over the first case of its kind in Japan, Judge Kikuo Asaka said that it had been the choice of each smoker to start using tobacco and stunned the court by denying, in the face of scientific evidence, that nicotine was addictive.
this week in japan's courts... the version i first read said, the judge said it was only mildly addictive and smokers could stop if they wanted too.

so get it straight, its not Japan Tobacco's fault that 49% of adult males in japan smoke.

now, on with your dope talk...

All of this tobacco litigation, to me represents the legal rocketship's departure from planet common sense.

First you have people who claim that they had no clue that smoking was bad for them suing the tobacco companies for something that the smoker's themselves are ultimately are responsible for.

Then you have tobacco companies and judges saying "oh no, nicotine and cigarettes are not addictive, and they don't cause cancer. What are you plantiffs talking about?"

Bith sides need to get their heads out of their asses. There has to be a better solution to the problem of smoking than personal injury litigation.

Special lassi's are great! I love those things.

I totally agree with barok. Tobacco kills so many damn people each and every year. What happens? Sweet FA.

I've said it before, but I think alcohol is a much more destructive drug than weed is.

And I voted yes.

Personally I think there will always be seperate markets for both cigars and juicy fat fresh joints.

Can I say that while I have had a great time puffing the billy over the last ten years or so, and met many wonderful people while doing so, it does tend to hamper your ability to concentrate on one task for a solid period of time, and trashes your short term memory..........hang on, what was I just talking about?

Everything in moderation, otherwise it can get mentally habitual and just take over your life.