the posts, you'll find it hasn't happened to me.

I am currently exceedingly bored at work, however, and have taken to exploring the phenomenum of why some people seem to catch all the trouble, while for others it passes them by...

Have you? Is that your 2-5?

dude, I thought you were talking about the drug, GBH (Liquid E.... like cd cleaner). Nasty, nasty.

Ocean does have a point though. Your posts are getting an aggro taint to them. I see a man who needs therapy.

In answer to your question: In adult life (older than 20) I have been threatened a few times, seldom attacked. One time 7 Guys come at me late at night and it wasn't going to stop at a threatening gesture, I was in for it big time. All I was doing was walking home and they were bored and after fight. They cornered me, I took about 3 or 4 punches to the head and a kick or two in the guts and thought **** this, I haven't even landed a blow yet and I am already bleeding. So I ran away. Laugh if you will, but that one had me headed directly for hospital, and I don't let my ego put me in bandages.

Another time I was in a dodgy part of town (near Kings Cross, Sydney) and some girl who was on her way home from a night out (it was morning time) came up to me and got really flirty. It took me really by surprise and I was thinking what the...?. Then suddenly some guy appears and accuses me of hitting on his (not a chance mate!) girl. He was right in my face and head butted me. I was pretty charged up from my own night out so I knocked him out and walked off before the cops came. I didn't feel so bad about that as I reckon they were junkies out to set me up and rob me.

Confession time over.

Sorry chaps, office driving me crazy...ANY DISTRACTION!

Off down the shops for my therapy...

Oh, and I'd'ave run, too. As the saying goes, the secret to a long life is knowing when it's time to go... \:D

Miteyak,

Too keep the distraction going!

I have never really been in danger.

Only a few times in the surf and always against Brazo's and frogs.

Brazo's are the biggest wimps in the world but put them with a few mates and you have trouble on the beach waiting for you. Funny thing is that now since i can defend myself I have been keen to find out if my new skills would help me in a real life situation but now it never seems to come! maybe i have chilled knowing that I am safe in almost any situation??

I had a group of 3 guys who were about 20-22 years old try and rob me at the ripe old age of 17. I cracked one in the head and then another pulled out a gun and made a grab for my bag. I yelled out to my mates who were up ahead of and and the guys bailed. I was ready to give up the bag though when he pulled out that gun.

The 3 dudes got arrested later that night anyway when they tried to rob someone else and had an unlicenced firearm. That'll learn 'em!

Other than that not much. A few little scuffles but nothing serious.

Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
Miteyak,
maybe i have chilled knowing that I am safe in almost any situation??
this is so true i reckon.....
about 6 months ago i got chased off a motorway by a couple of huge (psychotic)samoan women. they'd abused me for about 10 minutes(no exaggeration) along the motorway(apparently I'd cut them off)...and then followed me off the exit.
I thought stuff this (i'd not yet had my morning coffee...verry grumpy)...and pulled into a petrol station.
It is amazing what flicks through your head (if you have done any sort of m/arts training)in an agro situation. Do I take my heels off...stance...positioning to defend against two opponents ...all sorts of rubbish - lol
So I got out of the car ...much to my surprise ...cool as a cucumber. I stood my ground while these large woman flailed their arms about and screamed at me.
The funny thing was....i think they really didnt know how to take me cause i was so calm....so they chilled out and the situation dissipated into nothing.......whew!
I was soo pissed off when i got out of the car...part of me really wanted to have a go...but then i just looked at them and thought how pathetic they were behaving and almost laughed....fortunately i don't have a death wish so i managed to smother the laughing.

Peeps often ask if m/arts would actually help in an agro situation.....it think it would...but only cause you keep a cool head.

other than that I've been grabbed by a drunk guy when i was out one night....pulled an s-bend on him..and he left me alone.

I do think that chicks can be just as bad as guys tho. I went through a stage(when i was much younger) where chicks would always try and pick fights with me....i discovered if you acted all psycho and egged them on they'd usually leave me alone \:D
 Quote:
Originally posted by barok:
db, that's GHB ! !
Not so fast there Barok. It is actually called either GHB or GBH. GHB is the original and correct term (derived from its 'scientific' name). However this quickly got switched into GBH for grevious bodily harm.... 'cause that is sometimes the effect it can have esp if you have been drinking. Lets just call it Gamma and be happy:

What is GHB/GBH ?
GHB or as it is often known 'GBH' is an anaesthetic, used in the USA for its sedating rather than painkilling effects. From around Spring 1994 it began showing up on the UK club scene, starting with London gay venues. Its chemical name is gammahydroxybutyrate. It is a colourless, odourless, salty tasting liquid that comes in small bottles. The potency varies, since it will be home made to various consistencies. Ingredients include solvents and caustic soda. 40ml bottles cost usually between 10 and fifteen pounds sterling and are enough for between one and three dosages. It is most commonly swallowed although rarely it is injected.

Effects of GHB,GBH
GHB's effects at lower doses are a cross between alcohol and the now defunct euphoriant downer methaqualone. Inhibitions are lowered, leading to a quirky calm feeling, or sometimes to a darker mood. At higher doses it causes sedation, nausea, muscle stiffness, confusions, convulsions and some cases coma and respiratory collapse. One man described how he 'felt like I was drifting away in my own little bubble of consciousness but my friends said I was puking and out of it'.

The National Drug Intelligence Service was reporting in May 1994 that around 200 people had been hospitalised after taking the drug. While there have been no confirmed GHB deaths either in the UK or US, it was thought that the late American actor River Phoenix was killed by the drug.

Body builders have also been known to use the drug, as it is supposed to promote slow- wave sleep, which is when muscle-building growth hormones are secreted by the body.

It is not known whether the drug causes tolerance, psychological or physical dependence, although all three may be likely in some individuals. There is also no information on the drugs long term effects on physical and emotional well-being.

Legal Status
It is not illegal to posses GHB in the UK at the time of writing, however, there are moves to outlaw it and these are likely to take effect in the near future.