an accurate reflection on my own thoughts, db.

however, this must remain secret, as the official party line is still, "hate it, could never live here." any softening on this stance could lead to disasterous consequences!

plus my mind could be slightly biased as snow season appraoches.

At the end of two years I am getting the **** outta here, taking the cash and heading somewhere with decent beaches and surf, clean air, minimum xenophobia, a sense of the individual, a sensible attitude to working hours and productivity, and a minimum of Louis Vitton bags. Only thing I'll miss is the snow and the Di-jockeys (and maybe the girls in boots and miniskirts..grrrr) \:D

On getting out:

The things you thought you would miss, you really miss. (This includes everything from onigiri to jackbooted, miniskirted dreamgirls.)

All the other stuff, well, you can't believe you ever put up with it. Especially as you sit in a large, comfortable room...or find a parking place right in front of the shopping mall...or notice that your bathroom mirror no longer stops at your adams apple.

CAVEAT - there's a passel of new stuff that you won't like very much after returning to your own country.

Some of it was always there, but you never noticed it until now. (This includes everything from unbelievably surly shop staff to amazement that it takes 10 calendar days for an out-of-state check to clear your bank.)

And some of it they invented after you left...so you'll just have to get used to it. (For me, this included things like not being able to figure out exactly what is going on with the dozens of long-distance-dialing prefixes (e.g "Dial 10 10 10 9 for the cheapest long distance!!"), and paying $45/mo. for "broadband" Internet that's capped out at 600k but never even gets there on one of its good days...

In dreams and benders I've theorized a new country which has most everything I like in it.

That place doesn't exist.

Until it does, see you all in dreams and benders.

\:D

Typical story, came for a year and am still here after 6! ( did have a year inbetween chasing the globes waves)

In my Biz works out i will be out in 3-5yrs ( 3 looking good) but will be back every 2-3 weeks for a week or so to do da biz. fingers crossed...