School uniform is OK. I liked it. But only one thing I can say it's dangerous. That's Chikan!

Those chikans always attack school girls wearing uniform on the train or on the street.

They are digusting.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
Thinking what to wear - oh the hardship! The difficulty! The agony!
dude- aloha! its hard to try to pick out outfits that look cute and yet distinguish you from the other kids wearing their "uniforms" from the gap, j crew, or abercrombie. teenagers are often trying to find and assert who they are. Erik Erikson referred to this as the "identity versus role confusion" stage of psychological development. personally, i like shopping at thrift stores to find unique threads.

hmmm this reminds me of a great barbie postcard i have that says "i stayed awake all night wondering about what to wear." lol.gif

> teenagers are often trying to find and assert who they are

And making a pretty patchy job of it if I remember correctly. But how can forcing them to wear Ugly Clothes, and Vile Materials possibly help them with that? Here, son, assert yourself in this nylon parody of a lounge suit...

Not that anybody is obliged to post anything coherent on here, but I'm not hearing any good reasons for school uniforms.

The only thing in their favour is that they get people used to wearing 'business uniforms' when they leave school. But then 'business uniforms' are stupid too. I cringe when people come to my door wearing their pitiful suits. Where's the benefit? It isn't 'for the customer', because in this case, the customer would rather see them wearing something clean and comfortable.

nekobi - blueshock.gif Those are about the strictest rules I have heard for a school in the US that wasn't a strict Catholic uniform kinda school.

Uniforms are just not a part of the culture in the US (West coast at least). I imagine if the school board had tried to implement a uniform policy most of the kids would have just not gone to school to protest. The only rules I remember were no t-shirts that had beer labels or drug references or something.

On the other hand I think High School uniforms are a good thing in Japan. ;\)

ender- all the other nonparochial private schools in my area had similiar dress codes, so even though we were always "fighting the system," it wasnt that bad.

so youre back in tokyo eh? come see my movie saturday!