Quote:
with one goal: sell product.
Branding relates also to other areas e.g. employees (some people would work for less for famous company) and positioning (choosing the segment you want to compete in).

Quote:
In the latter case, it's hard to see the good points about such superficial behavior.
Do you think it goes to the survival instinct of human/animal i.e. to be distinct and stand out in a crowd (or at least be noticable)?

I don't know.

Back in the caveman days, I used to hide a lot to stay out of trouble and avoid being eaten by carnivores with giant gnashing teeth.

Now, in the bar days, I am a caveman trying to get noticed, maybe even eaten, but still fail to fulfill my biological destiny.

I am consuming a lot though, which is supposed to be a good thing.

\:D

Quote:
Back in the caveman days, I used to hide a lot to stay out of trouble and avoid being eaten by carnivores with giant gnashing teeth.
Back in the caveman days, you could just club a cavewoman (or as many as you could manage without ruining your club) unconscious and bring her home. Gone are those good ole days! \:D

Erm...Siren, we have got to show you Roppongi...or at least one of Mogski's nights out with his peripatetic NZ crew.

Things haven't changed as much as you'd think since 10,000 B.C.

Especially breath odor [insert pic of my old buchou here].

\:D