Yeah i jusst spent 3 days, 1 @ perisher - no snow that day, & 2 @ thredbo) where we had - by Oz standards a 30cm dump in total. which filled in quite a few lines and tree runs tht i've rarely ridden. all in all a pretty productive weekend. it was nearly worth the copious amounts of cash you have to shell out for a weekend @ the snow here in Oz.

our season has been pretty good here so far....

I reckon it's been darn good start to the season. I've only managed to get in 6 days so far, but it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

The resorts seem to be getting the idea that they need to focus on terrain parks and pipes. Perisher had a decent rail park up and running fairly quickly. And they have just opened the Blue Cow park. Looking forward to heading back down and checking that out.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dear Britain:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Lama:
we had - by Oz standards a 30cm dump in total.
30cm is 30cm isn't it? ;\)
Yeah meant to say that it was a dump by Oz standards - 30cm in total..... long day at work after a weekend of riding - all came out in jibberish lol.gif

I've heard the surf has been gangbusters on the gold coast recently (I have some email contacts). That is pretty cool to be able to ski there also. Kinda reminds me of SoCal. Surf in the morning and then head to Big Bear or Mammoth for an afternoon or night of snow riding \:\)

Cool as hell man. Any pictures you can share? Australia and skiing just don't jibe in my head. I know it exists, so I'd love to see some pics \:\)

Plucky - I think you'll find gold coast surf and southern alps skiing not do-able in a day by about 1,500+k's.

However you could get to the snow from South N.S.W. coast or Victoria coast - but it'd be a helluva day.

Mid winter too - so forget the boardies.

But pretty good 1st month down under this season with regular falls and much more to come.

I'd like to be there now.

Quote:
Originally posted by snobee:
Plucky - I think you'll find gold coast surf and southern alps skiing not do-able in a day by about 1,500+k's.
However you could get to the snow from South N.S.W. coast or Victoria coast - but it'd be a helluva day.
Mid winter too - so forget the boardies.

But pretty good 1st month down under this season with regular falls and much more to come.

I'd like to be there now.
I have no idea where the mts are in Oz. Sounds like a helluva drive. Are we talking the Blues? Seems most mts in oz are on the east coast. I could be totally wrong though.

Either way, some killer surf, sleep, travel and then go ski \:\) Is that better? \:D

They run all the way down the eastern coast of Oz but are closer to the coast in the northernmost regions. By the time you hit the snow regions you're many hours from the coast.

The Blue Mountains (where I used to live) is a few hours drive west of Sydney, and gets a few dumps of snow per season but nothing that stays on the ground for very long.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...