Kiwi kids.......are pissweak kids.......because they grow up to be crap rugby players who choke on important occasions like rugby world cup semi finals. ;\) Needed a bit more Weet-Bix on Saturday night by the looks.

He he he, low blow I know but i couldn't resist, kiwi's were just so incredibly cocky last week. Flame on.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds dodgy as but its how its done in Munich..

Gotta love dipping the white sausage in mustard, and sucking the insides out, followed by 2 large mouthfulls of Weisse. Allow the taste sensation to register with the brain..Mmmm that was good..and repeat until the sausage is gone.

Repeat with more sausages.

For breakfast this morning I wasn't able to have that so settled with Swiss Museli, Natural yogurt, fresh peach..sliced and added to the bowl, and a cup of green tea.

That's in return for helping the snow tyres climb on and posting all your pics for you. Sounds like a fair division of labour rather than 'luck' to me.

Weekend breakfast is when you don't shout at your children (so much).

Quote:
Originally posted by neversummer:
This sounds dodgy as but its how its done in Munich..

Gotta love dipping the white sausage in mustard, and sucking the insides out
YEEEESSS!! The suck technique of eating the white sausage is king. Only problem is that the left over sausage skin looks like a condom hanging from your lips.

I think I will be back there, or nearby, in Jan.
clap.gif

Shimba: pancakes are made with ... WHEAT.

When my mates from Innsbruck first told me how to eat a white sausage I thought they were taking the piss. 'Dip it in mustard and suck a white sausage'!! I was like..NO WAY. But it's the only way to do it. Europeans have the best sense of breakfast when it comes to variety, not including England though.

Quote:
Originally posted by neversummer:
Europeans have the best sense of breakfast when it comes to variety, not including England though.
confused.gif

Italy... wanna dip your cake in coffee or cocoa

France... wanna drink your coffee with croissants or rolls

England... range of teas or coffee, range of cured meats, how would you like your eggs, black pudding, tomatoes, mushrooms, fried bread, toast, baked beans, a large range of cereals, grapefruit, a range of juices, yogurts, WHOLE GRAIN BREADS... I could go on.

Neversummer, you must be staying at the wrong places... :p

Miteyak, I should have pointed out I've never been to Italy or France so can't comment on those two countries.

I prefer the range of cheese, cured meat, fruit, bread, coffee and cereals on offer in Germany, Austria, Belgium, and Holland than to that of England. I can't stomach Baked Beans; seems to be an English/Colonial thing. Do you seriously like black pudding? Its not for me.

I guess I just think English food in general is boring. Maybe its because I'm Australian and most of our food thoughts originated from the UK but once I was able to experience food from other countries, especially breakfast, I felt that 'English breakfast' was rather bland.

Northern German breakfast of black bread, spread thickly with butter, and a topping of fresh shrimp was very gemutlich I found. Although my lady friend's grandmother was quite caustic about the Englishman's parsimoniousness with butter. No beer as I recall, but that was probably the only time of day that didn't feature beer.

I had that "black bread" once - it was really good. Can I get that anywhere in Japan at all? I'd like to re-live the experience.

My breakfast depends on the day, but usually not much more than coffee, more coffee, juice and a piece of toast.

• 5 months later...

I just returned from two days in Paris. I have a lot to say on that topic and am sure I will at some stage. One thing I have to share is today's breakfast at a sidewalk cafe in St Germain:

- chunks of fresh bread

- hot chocolate

- fresh orange juice

- scrambled egg on toast

- tomato on a thick slice of mozzarella with olive oil

- ham wrapped in crepes with a big chunk of gorgonzola cheese with honey on the cheese

- soft & warm creme Brule with sliced strawberries in it

- sorbet with a glass of amazing champagne

No rice, no seaweed.

I promise to stop being a dick now.

Thats a "REAL" breakfast db. Bet any of the psuedo-french cafes in Tokyo dont do a brekky anything even close to that! I might have to visit my friend in Paris soon just to sample one of these brekkies you are talking up!

Yeah, Breakfast in Paris was very impressive. Just croissant and cafe au lait is enough and so good.

Anyway, can you buy good bread in London, db?

I couldn't find any nice bakery or patisserie in England when I was there. Bluebird in chelsea was only place I could buy good bread and I was there every weekend. Croissant and scone from M&S was OK but not good.

If you find good patisserie in London, please let me know. I will visit you! \:\)

Slow -

Since my visit to P-wee I have become inspired to enjoy the beautiful places that London has to offer. So today I went out and found a property to rent in what I consider to be the most beautiful part of the city (Hampstead). It has a massive and unkempt heath where the fog can chase squirrels and is where all the struggling artists and writers used to live before it rose in price, as is all to common these days. It is a modest place but I am very happy with it and the surrounding area and yes, the village has a great little bakery. It is going to be a good life! Slow -

Quote:
I couldn't find any nice bakery or patisserie in England when I was there
Thats curious - I'm sure there's tonnes of places all over the show...you mustn't have been lucky in your search slow.

i always visit patisserie valerie on brompton road in knightsbridge (when in the area) for a nice cream puff.

well not a cream puff as such, but something creamy and puffy. or creamy or puff. well generally pastry like... and find them to be most yumilicious.

can't comment on the bread