It's lunchtime! What's yours?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chickin karaage (2 pieces), minstrone soup, malty brown bread (2 rolls), gobo salad, funny orange fruit (?) and a bottle of milk.

Can you tell it's school lunch?

Yesterday was the bomb though! Those big greasy ebi-fries made of 2 ebi I think, as they are 5 inches long, with tonkatsu sauce on them (4 of them instead of 2!!), rice with bits in (plus extra portion), tuna and seaweed salad, miso soup with pork, pear and milk.

Oh man, i was so happy and full after that.

Food makes me happy.

> Those big greasy ebi-fries made of 2 ebi I think, as they are 5 inches long, with tonkatsu sauce on them

Those are actually deep fried gallah lizards from Indonesia. They skin and debone them, dye the thing pink, and pull off the legs to use as 'dried shrimp'.

I had some of them little tempura gallah lizard legs in the frozen udon I had for lunch. I'd prefer to have had what slow had.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
oh, you bastard! Where?? How?? Frozen one at home?? You mongrel, I hate you for even telling us ;\)
FBC, just an every now and then splurge! Freezer is small so can't keep too much stock \:\(
A Villi's and all I was missing was a Coopers..

Just tried vege with a scrape of butter on a parinko senbe, No worms but bloody nice. Bushy, they'll be right up your alley!

luckily we have a pub here that gets pies made from a local bakery. Pretty damn close to the real thing, but don't get there too often cos it isn't one of my favourite places.

Parinko senbe? What kind of senbe is that?

Indo and Bushy, I’m sure you’ll both be interested in the Surf Pie Beer club that I’ve started up with a few mates. Last Friday morning was the first meeting, with a 6am surf, followed by a pie and an ice cold beer before work.

Not really sure a 7.30am beer was a good idea, but get a bunch of blokes together and no one wants to back down from a juvenile challenge. \:\)

Tomorrow will be our second meeting. I’m thinking of a ‘fancy’ pie, you know, steak AND mushroom, or something like that.

If you’re landlocked and can’t get to the beach, you can still embrace our club values by indulging in pastry wrapped meat and an alcoholic beverage before work. 2 out of 3 ain’t bad.

Quote:
Originally posted by spook:
Indo and Bushy, I’m sure you’ll both be interested in the Surf Pie Beer club that I’ve started up with a few mates. Last Friday morning was the first meeting, with a 6am surf, followed by a pie and an ice cold beer before work.
Not really sure a 7.30am beer was a good idea, but get a bunch of blokes together and no one wants to back down from a juvenile challenge. \:\)
Tomorrow will be our second meeting. I’m thinking of a ‘fancy’ pie, you know, steak AND mushroom, or something like that.
If you’re landlocked and can’t get to the beach, you can still embrace our club values by indulging in pastry wrapped meat and an alcoholic beverage before work. 2 out of 3 ain’t bad.
that sounds awesome!!! thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Yeah, I’ve been really getting into the pies lately. Not the nasty gristle ones, but we’ve been hitting bakeries that pride themselves on their product and proudly display whatever awards they’ve won.

A quality pie is a wonderful thing. Its amazing how hard they are to find.

I'm getting hungry

I'll be eating in my company canteen again, its dirt cheap. They will serve up boiled potatoes, meat and cabbage, carrot. There will be a rich salty sauce. A full plate will weight 3 kgs. Desert will be a vanilla or chocolate pudding in a small glass.

Between the ages of 10 and 15 I worked on a rusty potato picking thing that got dragged through the rich volcanic mud behind a tractor in the rain. At lunch the farmers wife cooked exactly what I eat for lunch these days, minus the sauerkraut.

Spook, stop being an emo pie snob ;\)

spud - the germans have a skillwith cabbage. i love that rohtkol stuff. obviously i just spelt that wrong, but i'm talking bout the red cabbage thingy.

do you get to drink beer in the staff canteen? is it just like oktoberfest in there everyday? are there busty wenches and oompa bands?

lol.gif

I also quite like the cabbage, the red stuff, a lot of it. I like German food, its like sunday roast lunch of Anglo culture + a new twist. Germany is a good cultural middle ground for me. For the first time in my life I have liked Brussel sprouts: they don't have to be huge and bitter and tough. My post was not a complaint, just on observation of repetitiveness on a daily basis and also between life on a potato farm in Tasmania and life as on investment banker in Germany, 25 years apart: There are huge differences but remarkable similarities in work and in lunch.

No beer at lunch in the staff canteen. In fact, lunch time drinking is not like it was at home, where I was regularly pissed. People take working seriously here, and they work hard (loosers). It is quite unlike in Australia where we were just plain lazy (but thought we were quaintly laid back). There is plenty of sausage in the canteen, but no beer wenches. Actually, my part of the country has grumpy male beer wenches with big trays crammed full of small glasses of beer: you drink one and another one appears a second later and they put a pencil mark on your beer mat. It is functional drinking heaven, not complicated by heaving breasts carrying beer.

I might go home and walk the hound for lunch.

;\)

Dude, if you want breasts, go to a brothel or hang out with your girlfriend. If you want beer then stick with a man-wench that serves it faster than you can drink it. I got over tit fascination when I was 17 and I see no role for them in serious beer drinking.

"Oh look, a heaving set of tits carrying eight 1 litre glasses of beer!"