Worst / most disappointing live performance

OK so we've had the best live concert experience threads. But what about disappointments / bad performances. There's bound to be some. Disappointing concerts I've been to include a Metallica concert (he had a cold supposedly). REM disappointed me one of the 2 times I saw them, the other was better.

I'm interested to hear about these bad ones as well as the good.

I saw the title of this thread and couldnt wait to get in and complain about the price i paid for an REM ticket only to see Stipe read the lyrics from a lectern. Very unprofessional - particularly when he was quoted in the press afterwards saying he had 3 months to refresh his memory and learn the words but couldn't be bothered. Funnily enough i haven't been bothered to buy any of their CD's since then.....perhaps its time to let my grudge go.

Nice to see i'm not the only one whose felt shafted by REM!

The Smiths , Preston Guild Hall. Queen is Dead tour. They lasted half a song. Someone threw a sausage at Morrissey or something and he went off and straight to hospital (or was that "in a huff"?) while Johnny and the boys finished off the song. \:\(

Bagofcrisps, not sure if you've been to their concert but when i was their it looked pretty obvious to me and those i was with that he couldn't remember the words. He stayed pretty much glued to the lectern till the last song "Its the end of the world". To be fair though, the rest of the band didn't exactly put in much effort either. Lucky for me, Died Pretty and Grant Lee Buffalo were worth the price of the tickets - both rocked!

Echineko,

Very respectful, very attentive and in the main, pretty boring and easily led. There have been some very notable exceptions though. Had some great fun with a few Japanese lads in the crowd as they really join in a get into it if they see you cutting loose.

I was up in Athens, Georgia for college and saw so many bands come through and for ridiculously cheap prices. I saw REM for free under a fake name and they were great!!! But, the time I paid to see them it was just average - didnt think it sucked but wasnt inspired either.

Black Uhuru sucked in concert? I saw so many reggae sunsplashes when I was living in Hawaii but never saw them. Got their CDs through.

I think there are two main types of musicians:

Type 1: they only sound good on CDs and suck live

Type 2: Put out CDs that probably arent the best but can play amazing shows.

Then you get those rare few that can put out a smoking CD AND back it up with a rocking live show, especially if they mix it up a bit and make it even better than the CD experience. True musical craftsman....brilliant!

Pacifier(Shihad) - saw them just recently in a little venue and they rocked out!!!

Billy Joel was magic. (that was like 12yrs ago)

Bryan Adams was bloody great too....saw him earlier this year.

Robbie Williams was very average.

i saw the monkees a way long time ago. i realize they could never be classified as a great band, but i used to like their tv show and i wanted to hear their songs. instead, the members took turns doing their solo stuff, which sucked, for most of the show.

• 3 weeks later...