I went there once about 5 years on a date. All i remember about it was the huge shopping mall and the sega joypolis which is like a giant video game arcade with rides. I guess it was alright but i'm not sure i'd ever go back there - loud, lotsa people and constant spending. good if u like that sorta thing tho and/or bored on a sunday afternoon.

First: It's easy to get to. You can drive, take train, subway or boat(ferry).

There are some good shops and many good restaurants. I go just for the restaurants some times. I particularly like Sam Choy's and Zest. There is a mall for women called Zenith Fort that I imagine has shops that women like. There are great views of Tokyo from Odaiba. Especially at nigh. There are at least 2 nice hotels. It's all expensive.

Basically it is expensive and touristy. Well maintained and clean for Tokyo. Good place for visitors, etc.

Odaiba is "Umetate-chi", and not interesting for me as others said. There is a beach, but it's not beach at all. Is there any good restaurants? I don't think so.

However, I'd like to try 'Yakata-bune' there. The view from the boat may be good.

It is tasteless crap that has no natural character or style, and no amount of aging will bring about this valuable community quality. It is one of Tokyo's very few glimpses of the water (remember? Tokyo is a bay side city) and it was wasted by developing a collection of oh-so predictable attempts at generating a feeling of prestige in its visitors.

One upside is that it is possible to enjoy a little space when there.

Not only bad things there. You can make a "Woman Happy Date" plan at Odaiba like Dokumanju did.

11:00 shopping

12:00 lunch (cafe style better)

14:00 shopping again

16:00 movie ( you can change your plan here, zepp Tokyo if your GF loves music or Mega Web if your GF loves driving TOYOTA car)

19:00 dinner (you have to book a great night view table in advance.)

21:00 check in (you have to book a great night view room in advance.)

Most women must be very happy! But don't forget the rule, you have to pay everything!

= 70,000yen at least. (it depends on how much your girlfriend needs for shopping!)

Are you trying to piss me off!?

You really are showing your true colours these days Miss Slow.

Just for this I am going to give an extra sneer at an LV bag clad, money grubbing, one is the same as the next one Japanese girl on the way home tonight.

Quote:
ust for this I am going to give an extra sneer at an LV bag clad, money grubbing, one is the same as the next one Japanese girl on the way home tonight.
lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif Love it deebs, good choice of words....sneer. You are a straight shooter my man.

..d..b..,

what slow didn't add to her accounts is that for the 70,000 you get some of the passionate sex that only a fiscally satisfied Japanese woman gives, and as a bonus, you get to shove her out the 16th floor window of the gorgeous hotel. (If you remember to bring your spanner for disabling the safety function on the window. As you traipse round the mall watching your money get spent on crap, you can fondle the spanner in your pocket and smile as if you are enjoying the shopping.)

Well to add to dotdbdot's typically pessimistic opinion - I am not a huge fan of Odaiba...but I am sure I can point out some good points.

Like Slow said, it is not the worst place to take a date and just walk around.

There are a few interesting shops worth checking out.

I bet the Joypolis would be an interesting place to go if everyone's favorite fungi was still available on the streets...although I haven't actually been in there.

There are cool events occasionally at Tokyo Big Site (last weekend's Design Festa and the container exhibit last month in the parking lot).

The view of the boats all lit up and the Rainbow Bridge is quite nice at night.

See, not too hard. But there are many places I would go in Tokyo before Odaiba. The Komagome line is the most expensive in Tokyo (like 400 Yen for a 20 minute ride), the huge Toyota place is pretty lame, and the Ferris Wheel is cooler to look at from across the bay than to go on. But it isn't complete crap. ;\)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...