• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

''I AM MISUNDERSTOOD'

Pop star Michael Jackson has given a TV interview in which he protested his innocence of child abuse charges.

Jackson said he and other celebrities are "targets" and sensational reports about him are "fiction."

"The bigger the star, the bigger the target," Jackson told Fox News Channel correspondent Geraldo Rivera in an interview set to air on the cable network on Saturday.

"I'm saying the fact that people come at celebrities, we're targets," the 46-year-old singer said.

Jackson is constrained by a court-issued gag order barring him from speaking publicly without a judge's permission about the case, in which a 15-year-old accuses Jackson of molesting him two years ago.

He did not specifically mention the criminal case, but said sensational reports about him are untrue.

"It's like looking at a fictitious movie. Because it's fiction. It's like watching science fiction. It's not true," Jackson said in excerpts of the interview released before the broadcast.

Defence lawyers have said in the past that the young accuser invented his account of abuse to extract money from the entertainer.

"I know eventually, the truth will prevail and I'm about truth," he said. "I've become immune in a way too. I have rhinoceros skin, but at the same time I'm human. So, anything can hurt like that, but I'm very strong."

Jackson also said he has tried to "create my world behind the gates" of his Neverland Valley Ranch in California "because I can't go to the local movie theatre down the street or the local park down the street or go pick up ice cream at the market, at the corner store."

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The defence rests its case. So, what do you reckon a verdict will be then?

--------------

DEFENCE RESTS ITS CASE

The defence in the Michael Jackson case has rested its case, in a shock move.

It was expected lawyers would recall some witnesses, including Jackson's accuser Gavin Arvizo, but Jackson's attorney Thomas Mesereau told the court their case was over.

It means there will be no more evidence in the trial.

• 3 weeks later...

The world needs him!!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Michael you can rebuild your reputation, just ignore the media. Fans all over the world still love you. Just be ready for the real judge. Because God knows your heart, more than anyone you will ever know."

Bruke, Virginia, USA

"I am thrilled! The trauma is over for Michael Jackson. Mike you are innocent and free. Take a break, and pick up the threads. The world needs you!"

Joseph Francis, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Some "interesting" according to Sky facts on MJ:

:: Billie Jean was the first video by a black artist to be added to MTV's regular playlist.

:: In 1992, Michael was crowned 'King Sani' in a West African village in Gabon, Ivory Coast.

:: Michael's nickname is "Smelly". Film director Steven Spielberg gave him the name for refusing to shower on video shoots.

:: Michael was brought up in the Jehovah Witnesses faith. A group of Witnesses once announced that he was the Messiah

:: The singer publicized the release of double album, HIStory by floating a 60-foot statue of himself down the Thames.

:: The album Bad produced five US number 1 singles.

:: In 1992 Jackson did his first ever major interview, with Oprah Winfrey. During the interview, which was shown worldwide, the singer claimed his father Joe used to beat him and call him names as a child.

:: Michael Jackson's first release as a solo performer was the ballad Got To Be There.

:: The Jackson Five's Victory Tour in 1984 sparked the greatest demand for concert tickets in the history of popular music.

:: Jackson confessed to being addicted to painkillers in 1993. He said he was seeking help.

:: The star bought the rights to The Beatles' back catalogue of songs. This led to him falling out with one-time collaborator Sir Paul McCartney.

:: In 1996, his over-the-top display of self-importance at the Brit Awards led to the infamous stage invasion by the Pulp singer, Jarvis Cocker.

Shame on Who???

Beyond reasonable doubt is all that's required and there appeared to be truck loads of that.

The prosecutions case was primarily based on the inconsistent cries of a proven liar and perjuror, the mother. NOT a good start.

Judging by the answers given by interviewed Jurors, they were woefully ignorant in the ways of molesters... the prosecutors did a rather poor job educating the jurors, by all accounts, and as Snobee said, left much hanging on the words of a questionable source.