That time of year again. Summer weather = gives us an idea of coming winter weather. Well, when the stories are in our favor, that'll do me.

Talking with some Japanese friends last night, they are beliers in the hot summer, cold snowy winter thoery. Lets theory!

clap.gif

Wow

I'm sure they base the health of the economy on a frog also \:\)

I hope you guys get a kickass winter. I haven't seen one the last three winters, hope it happens this year.

It is always fun to try and relate that kind of stuff. Farmers Almanac always comes up at 1 time or another throughout the summer and fall.

But it's all just old wives tales. Would be nce though if it was that easy.

• 4 weeks later...

We've had some insane precipitation in Ehime this summer. And if the wind continues like it is now (oogata de hijouni tsuyoi taifoo) we'll be huddling in the concrete foundation stump of our house tomorrow, with the rest of the house and all my snowboarding gear blown into the sea.

So if it keeps up like this, with snow replacing the rain, it should be a ****ing mental winter in Ehime! \:D

Somehow I doubt it though. \:\(

Thats bound NOT to happen. Give us all the rubbish rain that no-one wants, then when we want that nice fluffy white stuff it won't come.

(Oh come on v, be more positive!)

Yes, it's been a consistantly hot summer here, 2-3 degrees above average every month since february. It's also been very dry for most regions, Osaka's had little more than typhoon rain all summer, and no rainy season to speak of.

If that leads to an inverse this winter... clap.gif

(oh, and i'll not be here over the new year, so with the extra bucket o' murphy's, it'll be grand)

Quote:
We've had some insane precipitation in Ehime this summer.
 Quote:
It's also been very dry for most regions
Mixed up. But generally horrid hot and steamy. Nya. That means lots of snow this winter following this pattern:

snowfall at night
not in the daytime
not when we do nighta