Just when you think he can't do anything worse, George W takes being a vapid moron to a higher level.

What a publicity stunt he has just pulled. "Yeee-haaa I'm gomg to Iraq and gonna hand out some turkeys to our boys."

Does anyone find this the most transparent publicity stunt they've ever seen. So patronising. Maybe he should think visiting the moon next time.

Because I find it patronising. Don't you think it would be a better idea for him to intiate some tangible developments in Iraq, such a handing over power to the UN or Iraqis and pulling US trops out? Rather than pulling cheap trick to get people on his side. It was a nothing act in my opinion, just used to show he 'cares'. I notice he wasn't meeting too many Iraqi citizens......hmmm I wonder why.

It doesn't show a great deal of courage, sneaking in and disappearing after less than 3 hours.

It shows the Iraqis that he's too frightened to meet them and deal with what they have to deal with all the time. Having already made the mistake of believing his own propaganda about Iraq, he didn't take this opportunity of educating himself about the reality.

And it shows all the countries who have sent personnel, or who are being pressured to do so, that it is a very dangerous place.

Otherwise, a very brave, humane, cunning, and astute gesture.

Is the Commander In Chief not allowed to meet, thank and say hi to his subjects? The heroes who did his deeds for him? Not counting all the other things that he could/should be doing, it sounds like a reasonable thing to do to me. And a very politician like thing to do. He is, after all, a politician.

Quote:
It seems to me that he cannot do anything without being critisism. MAybe he should not sleep?
Fair enough. Tell us a few things about the great leader and why he should have our admiration.

Hide is correct. Some of you will complain about anything Bush/America does. Going to Baghdad was very much within his scope of duties. He's the commander in chief of the US troops. Why did he go secretly? The president of the United States is the highest prized target for terrorists world wide. He can't simply fly commercial and announce all visits. Surely, any vapid moron would understand that.

> Some of you will complain about anything Bush/America does

Most unlikely. People usually complain when the government of America does something stupid, or dangerous, or bombastic. Then certain Americans who are averse to thinking seriously whinge about people being anti-American. Vapid morons indeed.

Lloyd, that's a nice straw-man argument you've made there. Nobody suggested he shouldn't have gone, or that he should have announced it publicly in advance.

Siren, your killing us on this thread! lol.gif Haha heeheee lol.gif

Lighten up Ocean, I don't think Lloyd was addressing you personally. If he sticks around he'll surely fall in line and properly comment only in a manner in which appeases you. \:D