One day I wanna go live in US for some time, and trying to finding out about visa and thing like that.

I wonder, is Japan difficult for getting visa to live here for foreigner? What kind of visa do you have?

Aiko

It is really easy if you are okay leaving every 3 months. But for an American you either have to have a job that sponsors you or pay a ton of money to go to school. Some people from other counrties get this nice working holiday visa that lets them just come here and find a job...but stupid American policies don't let us do that.

EnderZ's anguish understandable, Australians can pretty much waltz into Japan with an 18 month "working holiday' visa.

I do not have one, but know a few people that have decided to get one and been here within 1 month, visa in hand, ready to rock.

My residents visa is a 3 year extendible thing that was arranged by my employer. The best feature is the 3 year re-entry permit that allows me to cruise in and out of the country as though I am Japanese. I even get to use the very short and fast moving J line at Narita passport control, rather than the 300 person "other passports' line. Not that much of a big deal actually, all people in my situation have these re-entry things.